Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Head of Education, BRAC International
The Head of Education will provide strategic and technical leadership to develop transformative approaches for Education, and Early Childhood Development (ECD) initiatives of BRAC International (BI). This position will report to the Director-Programmes, S/he will work with the team to ensure programme standards and systems are in place and implemented across BI countries. S/he will also ensure linkages to institutional advocacy, partnerships, fundraising, and internal technical and functional teams, and ensures consistency of approaches with other associated members of BRAC International. The Head of Education will establish a strong collaborative relationship with other key teams across BRAC and BRAC International.
- Lead the Education and ECD team, and oversee the implementation of programme strategy, work plan and initiatives.
- Develop transformative technical approaches for education and ECD and promote innovation for learning and scale up.
- Assist country management on developing strategic direction to country education, and ECD programme by ensuring transformation of BRAC values & learning to BRAC International.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the team to design, implement, monitor and evaluate the programmes through communication and regular field visit to the countries as requested and necessary.
- Help country management to design new projects/proposals and review and provide technical input on proposals.
- Fosters donor relations and ensures consistent fundraising for education, and ECD programming for BI countries.
- Bring innovation in terms of digitally enabled education, and ECD programme to address newness in the system.
- Review and provide technical input on internal and external impact documents/ reports and other documents as needed.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, affiliates and partners.
- Build capacity of the team and ensure the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from the programmes.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, ECD, International Development or any other related field.
- Experience in team management
- Strategic Planning
- Familiarity with best practice in thematic areas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced relationship building skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated experience in project design and proposal development.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the subject area
- Experience and knowledge of south based development issues
- 12+ years of progressive professional work experience in the development, implementation, management of education and skill development programmes, particularly working with children, and youth, marginalized groups in developing countries.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh or Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 16/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10 April 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer