Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Operational – 55%
- Daily monitoring of allocated portfolio of delinquent term loans (1-90DPD) facilities to determine reasons for delinquency by application of sound credit judgment, collections strategy and process within pre-determined broad policy guidelines and regulation to minimize credit losses.
- Guide the banks policy by providing data that show main reason for accounts default, exposure per default reason as indicated in the in the process summary document.
- Using existing Collections reports and systems available from time to time, follow up clients within own portfolio to recover arrears.
- Undertake timely collections actions through effective communication and negotiate with customers on their overdrawn facilities while ensuring that subsequent actions on the facilities, if required, are not unduly delayed.
- Quick identification and escalation of Collections exceptions on own portfolio to reporting line that require approval or consideration of alternative recovery actions.
- Constant liaison with the business network to undertake appropriate measures on allocated Collections portfolio to offer alternative solutions for customers.
- Ensure individual performance objectives and measures are agreed with line manager.
- Efficiently maintaining an accurate diary of collections actions undertaken on own portfolio with timely follow-up of due actions.
- Ensure upload of all actions taken onto the Debt Collection & Collateral management system – DCCM
Relationship Management – 25%
- Respond to customer complaints and queries and escalate unresolved cases for collections management review and advice.
- Advise business head of all facilities due to expire, Expire and with hardcore tendencies and follow up for closure of the same.
- Application of world class customer service standards at all times while handling customers issues, walk in customers and customer correspondences assigned on recovery related matters.
Compliance – 20%
While the role holder is expected to apply reasonable judgment to enhance maximization of value for the bank at all times , commitment to guidelines below is non-negotiable:
- Compliance with the SBM Bank Loss Recognition and forbearance policies.
- Compliance with Central Bank’s Prudential Guidelines and Risk Management guidelines.
- Compliance with Consumer Protection Act.
- Compliance with SBM Bank’s customer service standards , values and habits.
Direct Reports to this Position
Customers of this Position
- All the deparments in the Bank.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- 2 years’ experience in a debt recovery function
- University degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiation skills
Competencies Required for this Role
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Inter-personal skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Spreadsheets/Database Skills
- Planning and personal organization
- Problem solving skills
- Service excellence
- Operational excellence
- Customer handing techniques