Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Evidence Based Advocacy
- Contribute to the implementation of Save the Children Country Advocacy Strategy and the Humanitarian Advocacy strategy.
- Develop and disseminate advocacy and campaign briefs, position papers, as required for different advocacy interventions.
- Identify advocacy issues and lead/guide on evidence-based advocacy actions within the organization.
- Work in alliance with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), particularly with Child right advocacy groups/activists, youths, refugee led organizations, and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to advocate on identified issues.
- Ensure that voices of children form the basis of Save the Children’s advocacy strategy, and our programming too.
- Work closely with technical specialists to ensure synergies with other result areas, to identify critical issues in their scope of implementation, develop advocacy plans, support to generate evidence, and implement advocacy activities to address them.
- Provide capacity building and mentorship for staff focusing on knowledge and skills required for effective advocacy.
- Support Head of Advocacy and Campaigns to incorporate Advocacy & Campaign priorities into all new proposals and to ensure adequate resourcing and cost recovery.
- Guidance and Capacity Building of Country office teams on safe, meaningful, and effective participation of children and young people in Advocacy and Campaigns
- Support in convening and coordination of the Country Office’s Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications and Media (ACCM) Community of Practice.
- In coordination with the Head of Advocacy and Campaigns, Director of Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) and Country Director, represent Save the Children in relevant advocacy & campaign forums.
- Support the Head of Advocacy and Campaigns in building and nurturing advocacy-oriented strategic partnerships at national and regional levels.
- Establish and maintain networks and alliances with local, national, and regional advocacy/coalition organizations and participate in relevant local, national, and regional working groups and networks.
- Ensure increased visibility of Advocacy and Campaigns activities internally and externally.
- Implement strategies to increase visibility and brand credibility among target audiences
- Identify opportunities to engage the public through campaigning on issues of relevance to programme team and partners.
- Ensure visibility of Save our Education and climate change related Campaign within Save the Children and externally.
- Support Program Managers to mainstream campaign strategies into programme plans at field office level.
- Support Technical Specialists to build effective relationships with relevant decision makers and partners.
- Collaborate with the Head of Advocacy and Campaigns and the Communications and Media Manager in building an effective, broad base of advocates who support Save the Children campaign objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Review the M&E systems/ key advocacy indicators and support team to monitor the quality and impact of the implementation of all advocacy activities.
- Contribute to generating and documenting lessons learnt and knowledge on all advocacy activities, writing policy briefs and papers.
- Active contribution and participation in knowledge management processes and products, with collaboration of the MEAL Team
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and education team
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
Collaboration and Collaboration:
- Establish good working relationship with BOMs, teachers and target communities members
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the education team, other colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions as per the country strategy
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in law, Public Policy, Social and Political Science; A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years advocacy experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, with experience in successfully leading the development and implementation of advocacy strategies.
- Experience in influencing government, donors, and other organizations through representation and/or advocacy
- Experience of a range of campaigning and advocacy techniques and approaches.
- Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organization and their stakeholders.
- Experience in developing advocacy strategies and mobilizing resources towards implementation.
- Experience in staff / partner capacity building through training and coaching for success.
- Strong research and policy development skills.
- Experience of partnerships including building networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organization.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.