Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Reporting to Head of Operations & Customer Experience, coordinate and oversee the processing activities of the Bank’s centralized process and settlements. Provide strategic support and leadership in support of operations goals.
Under the guidance of the Head of Operations & CX, key responsibilities for this role include the following: –
Operational Risk Management
Overall responsible for the following: –
- Enforce controls in relation to POCAMLA act and manage the risk arising from implementation of the internal policies on same.
- Resolution of Audit and Quality Assurance issues – track resolution of audit and quality assurance findings with the branches once the branches /units are reviewed and provide feedback as appropriate to the HoD.
- Ensure compliance at all times to the Automated Clearing House rules, KEPSS and SWIFT policy and procedure and regulatory guidelines.
- Support branches with the necessary MIS to assist in operational risk management e.g. high value transactions, among others
Clearing & Salary/Bulk Processing Management
- Ensuring all the clearing processes are carried in compliance with the Bank’s internal policies and guidelines.
- Ensuring all clearing processes follow the Kenya Bankers Association guidelines.
- Ensuring no fraudulent cheques are paid.
- Updating the team on any new developments form the Regulator concerning clearing.
- Liaising with Credit team on any need for approvals on cheques where funds are insufficient.
- Verification of the daily reconciliations for the clearing accounts
- Performing call backs for high value cheques above Kshs 50,000.
- Relationship management with the Clearing Agent.
- Providing weekly clearing reports to the Head of Operations & CX.
- Supervision of the salary/bulk processing centralized function.
Cash Management and Transaction Authorization
- Plan, supervise, direct and control cash operations and ensure Branches are served and risk of keeping idle cash is minimized.
- Proactive management of all suspense accounts.
- Implement centralized shared services in operations.
Management of Centralized Account Opening Unit
- Ensuring all account opening forms submitted to Central Operations are processed within the applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure through the Supervisor Counter – checking of all Account opening documents to ensure that all relevant documents are attached, and the required parties have approved.
- Ensure new accounts processed are KYC compliant and AML requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that the team gives timely feedback concerning any account opening enquiries and resolution of issues.
- Ensure compliance to operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee the filing of all original source documents and all designated periodic reports.
- Ensure no fraudulent accounts are opened.
- Oversee the activation of dormant accounts.
- Providing of monthly payment reports from service providers attached to account opening.
Treasury Back-Office Operations
- To ensure reconciliations are done on timely basis and closing all outstanding issues.
- Coordinating, confirmation & monitoring of deposit placements.
- Review incoming remittances.
- Monitoring of control and suspense accounts.
- Supervision of KEPPS and RTGS transactions.
- Verifications SWIFT transactions and screening of transactions.
Business Continuity Responsibilities
- As custodian of the BCPs for Central Operations unit.
- Coordinate with the relevant BCP stakeholders and formulate recovery strategies (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plans) for branches/units.
- Raise awareness of BCP within branches/units.
- Once the BCP documents are in place, coordinate periodic tests of the BCPs for branches.
Fraud Control and Operational Loss Management Responsibilities
- Ensure controls are enforced that process weaknesses that present potential opportunities for operational losses or frauds are sealed to avoid further fraud/operational loss incidents.
- Train Operations staff on operational controls, policies and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance at all times.
- Regularly update the Bank’s internal signature book.
- Leave Management
- Ensuring all Operations Staff have signed JD and Balanced Score Cards.
- Work rationalization and constant reviews.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Bank’s Management.
Minimum Qualifications/Experience (REQUIRED FOR THE JOB)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
- Over 8 years’ experience in Operations and 5-7 years in management role with proven record in operations excellence and controls.
- Master’s will be an added advantage.