Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Monitoring equipment and ensuring all specialized pastry baking tools are in good working conditions and report any faults to the Head chef or Supervisor on duty.
- Bake pastry items according to pre-established recipes
- Preparing and cooking food in the section for effective provision of catering services.
- Creating enticing confectionery decorations and delicious pastry fillings, as well as keeping abreast of new pastry baking techniques.
- Ensuring that food is cooked as per the recipes for consistency to uphold the quality standards of the departments.
- Serving food on time to meet the quality objective of the department.
- Clearing all leftovers after services.
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Ensuring that the working area is constantly cleaned by applying the “clean-as-you-go” principle
- Properly handle equipment in the kitchen and promptly report any faults to the Head Chef or Supervisor on duty
- Any other duty as may be requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and skills required
- Certificate in food production from a reputable institution
- Minimum KCSE grade C-
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in busy catering establishment
- Management of food safety based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Knowledge of receipts in food production
- Be a self-starter
- A team player with high levels of motivation and flexibility
- A passion for food and a commitment to upholding the highest standards
- Ambition to grow further in the career
- Have a good command of English language (especially spoken English)