Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Oversee the procurement activities for Tujenge Jamii.
- Ensure duties and VAT exemption applications are done by providing pro-forma invoices for all vatable procurement activities.
- Ensure adherence to Deloitte East Africa policies and standard procurement operating procedures.
- Liaise with finance, senior management and the programs to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and ensuring full auditable support documentation.
- Develop and manage the project’s procurement process as per the policy, procedures, standards, and strategies in order to ensure transparency, fairness, impartiality, and confidentiality.
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the Project.
- Ensure the adequacy of specifications for purchasing purposes.
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in all aspects of contract management.
- Implement vendor business relationships in compliance with Quality Independence Risk and Reputation (QIRR) requirements.
- Identify, qualify, and select vendors of materials, equipment, products, or services, and conduct overall supplier management.
- Evaluate cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services and manage purchase requisitions/orders.
- Maintain an effective stores management system where all expenses are effectively monitored and charged to the appropriate projects.
- Risk management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supplies Management or related field from an accredited university.
- Certification in purchasing/procurement is preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ working in a procurement environment.
- Be a registered member of KISM, CIPS membership will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) or USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulation on procurement and administrative services practices.
- Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Good financial knowledge.