Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Their specific responsibilities will include but shall not be limited to:
- Support in the documentation and curation of documents required covering the actively used Malaria data systems.
- Lead and support the development of the Malaria data points in the DHP(Afya-Ke) system in close collaboration with the digital health division.
- Support the update and development of the existing Malaria bulletin dashboards,to ensure that all the necessary input by the stakeholder are included in the overall dashboard output.
- Strengthen the Malaria dashboard dissemination strategies to ensure that the dissemination covers a wide range of stakeholders in the Malaria community of practice.
- Lead and support the development and piloting of the Malaria Routine Data Quality Assessment (mRDQA) DHIS2 app, dashboards and metadata packages. .
- Champion and support the interoperability activities involving the Malaria data collection systems to ensure a unified approach and data availability for the Malaria stakeholders.
- Support the development, implementation and use of the Electronic Community Health Information System (eCHIS) in the selected counties, supplementing the work of MoH and other USAID partners within the space.
- Support other CHISU HMIS tasks as required or assigned by the Resident Advisor.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines is required: Information Systems, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or a related field.
- A masters degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of experience in managing health information systems or disease surveillance information systems in a developing country is required
- An understanding of Kenya’s HIS landscape, Kenya Health Information System (KeHIS) and Malaria digital tools is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the digitization of health-related information systems is required.
- Experience implementing USG programs or interventions is highly desirable.
- Expertise in data exchange, in particular an understanding of standards and application methodologies relevant to a health information exchange such as OpenHIE and FHIR is required
- Experience in applying a user-centered design approach to requirements gathering and applications development, including testing and quality assurance, is required
- Agile software development experience, including expertise in web and/or mobile application development, web-oriented programming languages (e.g.,PHP, Java, Java Script).; Experience with online collaboration platforms such as Jira and GitHub;
- In-depth knowledge of electronic medical records, aggregated data (e.g. DHIS2) and other systems used to collect, manage, report and use data
- Expert in the use of database management systems (e.g. MS-Access , Postgresql or MySQL)
- Ability to engage key stakeholders, manage expectations, as well as plan and coordinate tasks and deliverables
- Experience in successfully training, coaching, and mentoring government staff in use of information systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to take initiative to produce expected results
- Strong leadership skills to work independently and with limited direct supervision in managing day-to-day activities.