Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The International Rescue Committee’s (IRC) mission is to help the world’s most vulnerable people survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The IRC has been working in Kenya since 1992, providing health care, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, governance and rights, and nutrition services to refugees and the host communities.
- Working under the guidance of the Construction Manager, the Construction Assistant is responsible for new construction projects implementation and maintenance of all existing IRC buildings in Kakuma and supervision of all existing constructions in all sites in Kakuma.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities for IRC in Kakuma.
- Scoping out all the construction and Maintenance needs for Kakuma programmes.
- Assist in identifying the right contractors for construction work.
- Assist in review contractors’ performance as per contracts awarded by IRC.
- Keeping track of all construction IRC tools and equipment.
- Supervising of all incentive staff (maintenance team) and casuals working under him at any given time.
- Assist estimating bills of quantity/ quotation for constructions and maintenance repairs.
- Assist in identifying and procurement of construction materials.
- Making sure that programs construction materials are received on site, kept safely, and always maintain track of the same.
- Supervise the constructions, maintenance and repair works around IRC facilities in the field.
- Supervise contractors on site and report on progress frequently.
- Assist in preparing and submitting monthly reports on repairs and constructions to the Construction Manager.
- Undertake any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas.
- Supervising /implementing all construction and Maintenance tasks on field sites.
- Scoping out construction /maintenance needs and preparing associated drawings/estimates for procurement.
- Performing routine maintenance checks.
- Supervising all maintenances incentive staff.
- Tracking all IRC tools.
- Adhere to the IRC policy and procedures.
- Degree in building, Construction Management, civil engineering or any other equivalent.
- Basic Computer skills.
- AutoCAD/Archi CAD computer skills added advantage.
- Good communication in English and Swahili.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Detailed method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Positive demeanor with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to live and work in an isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort.
- At least Three years’ experience working in any equivalent position.
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previously worked with an NGO.