Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Librarian willing and ready to start in January 2024 in our Tatu Boys & Tatu Girls High Schools. You will be responsible for planning and developing a primary school library from scratch with the help of teachers, the school’s management and associate teams. You will be responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting our young readers and future leaders in ensuring their reading and educational needs are met. You will also manage day-to-day library activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 16 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Help and train our young patrons to locate and effectively use books within the library.
- Create and constantly keep an up to date library policy.
- Curating and maintaining the library’s on-line content.
- Classifying and shelving of books in the library.
- Registering and keeping an up to date record of library patrons.
- Maintain the school’s Integrated Library System.
- Responsible for daily circulation of library items,
- Working with the school’s community to acquire selected and relevant materials for the library
- Cataloging new materials.
- Assisting library patrons in utilizing the library’s E-books, Audio books and Audio-Visuals.
- Ensuring that library books are in proper condition and are replaced in case of loss or damage.
- Managing enquires over the counter, via emails or telephone.
- Working with publishers and vendors to ensure the library has an up to date catalog of books.
- Help prepare the library’s budget and manage payments of fines for damages or loss.
- Ensure smooth running of the library’s other day-to-day activities in the library.
- Work with the PTA, school teams and the students in organizing engaging library events.
- Prepare and submit library reports and inventory when requested.
- Any other duties as requested.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in (Library and Information Science/Library Science/Records Management).
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a busy library.
- Experience in developing and managing a school library from scratch is highly desirable.
- Must be computer savvy and familiar with Google-suite platforms.
- Must have the knowledge to work with databases and Integrated Library Systems.
- Must be aware of current trends in library services for children and young adults.
- Must be approachable and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You should be able to lead and manage library projects.
- Knowledge of developmental, recreational and educational needs of young adults and children would be an added advantage.
- You see yourself as a culture champion with a great joy of learning that will inspire a strong reading culture among our learners.