Core Banking Support Analyst
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To provide specialist advise and support related to applications analysis or services, in order to meet client needs, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs). Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya. Please contact Reward for details.
Core Banking Support Analyst
Overall Job Purpose
To manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Core Banking (Retail) Applications systems to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. In-depth Knowledge of Oracle PL SQL developer is must. Good understanding of banking Functionalities like CASA, Retail and Corporate Loans, Fixed deposits, NEFT, RTGS, General Ledger, Year End Processing, Classification of Normal, Suspended Accounts, Inward and Outward Clearing.
Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Service (Applications) Availability
The prime responsibility is for maintaining the availability and reliability of core applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Act on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability
- Log and monitor incidents in the Portal and ensure they are scoped for release
Change and Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Vet & validate changes to ensure no disruption.
- Engage in changes and collaborate to deliver new requirements.
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
- A fast learner keen on developing knowledge and experience in service delivery.
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls, and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for, and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Education and Experience Required
- Undergraduate or higher
- 3 – 4 years IT experience minimum
Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in IT exposure
- Minimum of 2-year service management experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyze, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
***Application Deadline – 28th Nov 2022***
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)