This job has been expired
Absa Bank Limited
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- To coordinate, plan & deliver day-to-day team tasks & activities in order to execute forensic transactions accurately & timeously in support of org. policy compliance through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya. Please contact Reward for details.
- Undertake necessary data and with the aim of minimizing losses through fraud on various bank products.
- Responsible for Fraud Trend analysis with the aim of assisting in developing efficient fraud monitoring models and parameters to ensure fraud is within the set appetite.
- Minimise card fraud losses by reviewing both debit and credit card alerts flagged by Falcon (for Debit Cards) and VRM (for credit cards and ensure fraud appetite is not exceeded.
- Responsible for CPP (Common Point of Purchase) analysis whenever skimming is identified.
- Escalation of all disputes to the After-care team for resolution, chargeback and/or fraud reporting to Visa as per Visa rules and procedures
- Responsible for taking appropriate remedial actions when fraud is detected and also reporting/escalating fraud appropriately and within SLA.
- Responsible for identifying fraudulent merchant deposits for Kenya and ensure acquiring fraud does not exceed card schemes thresholds.
- Management of fraud by review of applications for various products and transactions through accounts.
- Recovery of fraudulent transfers from customer accounts to ensure minimal losses.
- Responsible for efficiently handling all matters escalated to the Fraud Team by customers and other stakeholders.
Operational Management 50%
- Undertake data analysis to establish possible points of compromise both on CASA, cards and other bank products and advise on the best remedial measures to avoid losses.
- Responsible for fraud trend analysis and assist in modelling parameters and predictive models to be used in fraud monitoring.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing Fraud escalations from the Fraud COE in Team South Africa. Extraction and monitoring of both cashier and e-channels transactions flagged as suspicious as per the set parameters
- Monitoring the acquiring Fraud exceptions reports and payments vouchers and carry out any other related tasks within the set SLAs.
- Undertake analysis of exceptions in the Fraud Monitoring reports within the set framework and take action (s) as may be necessary.
- Responsible for blocking cards, CASA accounts and e-channels accounts whenever there is a dispute or when fraud is picked/suspected/reported.
- Review of loan and credit card applications within the set framework to ensure money is not disbursed against fraudulent applications.
- Undertake recovery of fraudulent transfers by liaising with IPSL, other banks, Mobile Network Operators, Acquirers and merchants whenever fraud is picked, reported or suspected.
- Undertake proactive preventative measures as may be appropriate from time to time to contain fraudulent practices on accounts
- Conduct Fraud training whenever appointed to do so.
- Responsible for handling matters referred to the Fraud Team by customers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure any other tasks assigned are actioned within the agreed SLA.
Service Management 30%
- Manage customer relationships by advising them whenever card and/or CASA account is affected by fraud.
- Manage cardholder relationships by advising them whenever card is blocked proactively after identification of CPP or suspicious usage.
- Responsible for adherence to fraud policy in relation to customers refund
- Ensure cardholder disputes/complaints are actioned within SLA and escalation process is adhered to.
- Ensure unblocking of cards and/or CASA accounts in a timely manner to ensure customer is not inconvenienced.
- Escalate all fraud incidents that may lead to financial loss within 24 hours
Personal Development 15%
- Agree individual perfomance objectives, standards and targets with the line manager.
- Pursue self development to increase personal effectiveness and acknowledging strength.
Risk and control 5%
- Have no repeat audit findings and do snap checks within SLA
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- University degree in either business or IT related course.
- In-depth knowledge of bank’s operations, products and services.
- In depth knowledge of emerging and inherent fraud risks especially in Digital Channels, E-Commerce, Card and Merchant Acquiring business.
- Excellent Risk analysis and data analytic skills.
- Hands on experience in design and/or implementation of Fraud management tools/Systems.
- In-depth knowledge of fraud management approaches.
- Experience in Fraud Risk Management (Prevention, Detection & Recovery
- Knowledge and experience of card schemes Risk Management rules, policies and procedures
- Experience & Knowledge in customers, and employees Fraud Prevention Training
- An understanding of the wider governance, controls and risk management principles.
- Professional qualifications in Fraud Risk Management, CISA, Data Analytics or SQL Database scripting will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- People management.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking/skills
- Networking in the banking industry
- Communication, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer awareness
- Decision making
- Technical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
You must be logged in to post a comment.