Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To provide excellent customer experience, and deliver exceptional Islamic Banking business growth in Branch Network and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping a high level of bank standards.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split.
Business Growth: Time Split – 60%
- Absa Bank Limited
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking Islamic Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks’ portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of Islamic Banking sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, and Bancassurance to maximize cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, and products, conduct product review and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government / directives and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute to the development of Islamic Banking branch sales strategy.
- Plan and coordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross-sell to ensure delivery of set Targets. Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to-bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high-level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view to re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree on branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Bank’s overall strategy- Growth, Transformation, and Returns.
Internal Controls & Risk Management: Time split -10%
- Ensure that Absa bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regard to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure the new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, and fees are collected as per the current tariff.
- Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Customer Experience: Time split- 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT in response to customer queries by phone, email, or letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS scores are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off-peak periods.
Capacity Building & People Management: Time Split -10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, teamwork and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports are undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)