Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To provide excellent customer experience, and deliver exceptional Islamic Banking business growth in Branch Network and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping a high level of bank standards.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split.
Business Growth: Time Split – 60%
- Absa Bank Limited
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking Islamic Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks’ portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of Islamic Banking sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, and Bancassurance to maximize cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, and products, conduct product review and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government / directives and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute to the development of Islamic Banking branch sales strategy.
- Plan and coordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross-sell to ensure delivery of set Targets. Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to-bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high-level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view to re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree on branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Bank’s overall strategy- Growth, Transformation, and Returns.
Internal Controls & Risk Management: Time split -10%
- Ensure that Absa bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regard to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure the new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, and fees are collected as per the current tariff.
- Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Customer Experience: Time split- 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT in response to customer queries by phone, email, or letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS scores are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off-peak periods.
Capacity Building & People Management: Time Split -10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, teamwork and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports are undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)