This job has been expired
Absa Bank Limited
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Key accountabilities & Time split
Product Development – Time split 40%
- Lead in-country API product development. This includes defining and developing a compelling value proposition within the Open Banking space by understanding customers’ needs, pains, and gains.
- Champion and drive flows that deliver superior customer journeys for open banking
- Design and drive the Banking-as-a-Service strategy and implementation
- Design, document, and implement the Fintech and other Tech Enabled Businesses Strategy
- Understand the regulatory, legal, and financial landscape for Tech-enabled Businesses
- Periodically review existing products based on customer feedback and market trends to ensure continuous product utilization.
- Effectively manage the API product lifecycle
- Continuous engagement with FinTechs, startups, and partners to ensure adequate product and process support to drive revenues growth
- Continuous propagation of process innovation to maximize competitive advantage.
- Develop and implement product development processes and standards that ensure a consistently superior product proposition to customers.
- Ensure quality assurance procedures are in place to continually evaluate the quality of the customer experience to enhance performance and productivity.
- Share best practices and market intelligence to ensure we deliver a competitive solution.
- Identify, develop, and support the execution of acquisition marketing campaigns.
- Anticipate global trends and identify probable impacts on the business and provide direction and solutions
- Design, Create and Own Value-Added Ecosystems
- Track Channel KPIs to increase the utilization and overall performance
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application and model price and value propositions
- Work closely with the Business Units, Technology, Marketing, Project Management, and Operations teams to deliver products from ideation to market.
Business Development – Time split 30%
- Develop and implement API product strategies to monetize and grow the bank’s market share, revenue, and profitability in line with the Bank’s transformation strategy.
- Develop and manage Go to Market initiatives for API solutions
- Identify and develop product performance metrics to ensure the attainment of business case objectives.
- Build capacity within cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of the sales and service functions
- Establish partnerships with FinTech aggregators and third-party developers on innovation, strategies, programs, initiatives, research, and projects.
- Drive product adoption and penetration by liaising with CX and Marketing in coordinating CVMs, activations, product uptakes, and promotions and to resolve pain points across channels, customers, and partners
- Monitor new venture businesses and start-ups.
- Focus on building new areas of the ecosystem & scale new partners
Stakeholder Engagement – Time split 20%
- Identify and manage internal stakeholders and external partnerships including technology and service vendors, commercial partners, and internal support teams to deliver on project deliverables.
- Secure and maintain business commitment /involvement from stakeholders and obtain feedback at all stages of the project.
- Analyze feedback from stakeholders and determine the way forward.
- Monitor and manage Project progress, project scope, and control change.
- Identify strategic and cross-functional issues.
- Establish and manage appropriate project Risk, Opportunities, Change, and Issue management procedures.
- Forecast and ensure delivery of likely business benefits.
- Manage compliance with Absa project practices and methodologies.
- Ensure the business is prepared for the change, including agreement of acceptance criteria and sign-off.
- Determine the readiness of service and obtain sanction to proceed to roll-out
- Review the pilot and assess the quality of deliverables and controls.
- Ensure the impact of the project on the operational and IT infrastructure is accessed and communicated.
- Ensure the project deliverables are presented to the business within timescales contained in the Project plan and within budgets agreed on inception.
- Prepare project reports within specified standards and timescales.
- Manage Project Interdependencies.
- Thought leadership in the industry
People Management – Time split 10%
- Foster a positive, prideful work environment with open communications and timely resolution of conflicts.
- Cascade information to the project team, and give briefs on assignments and technical explanations.
- Review and assess the performance of project team members against plans.
- Discuss and finalize performance development plans and ratings for your direct reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields
- At least 6 years of experience in product development in a financial services environment
- At least 2-3 years of specific experience in:
- Open Banking
- API product development
- Digital Product development.
- Project Management
- A postgraduate qualification in a business-related field is an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of Financial Technology (Fintech).
- In-depth understanding of Fintech’s, start-ups, and developer community landscape
- In-depth knowledge of competitors and local market activity
- In-depth knowledge of payment gateway flows and integrations
Knowledge And Skills
- Certification Digital Product Development/ Project Management/ AGILE Methodologies and Practice
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing innovative product offerings.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of digital platforms and solutions end to end
- Strong commercial/ entrepreneurial acumen
- Strong networking skills at a high level
- Highly developed analytical and perceptive skills
- Ability to develop, plan, execute, and implement according to corporate and project plan strategies
- Change management
- Team working – building and developing high performance
- Proven people, leadership, and negotiation skills.
- A result-driven ‘team player’, personality with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
- Innovative, with prior experience in product development.
- Strong communication skills both in person and in writing with excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
You must be logged in to post a comment.