Absa Bank Limited
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Working together with and operating as a direct report to Information Risk Manager and working closely with LAM, Data Privacy, Risk and Project stakeholders.
- Build and maintain effective relationships between the Information Risk function and local business areas.
- Continuously support the development of IRM records management capability in line with needs and expectations. Find and share best practice.
- Identify and assess key IRM risks and issues of significance.
- Be a point of contact and give guidance to the business on Data Privacy and Records Management matters, being the custodian of Data Privacy and Records Management.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Monitor compliance of policy and standards and drive the closure of gaps.
- Use risk management principles to safeguard Data Privacy, and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in accordance with the bank’s operating model and risk appetite.
- Monitor and report on Key Risk Indicators.
- Identify remediation activity and agree action plans with the business
- Carry out impact Assessments on new initiatives/projects the bank is running
- Oversee records archiving and retrieval SLAs are adhered to
- Act as a liaison between business units and records archiving centre
- Ensure the electronic archival sheets are complete and retention schedules aligned to local/group policy requirements.
- Ensure expired records have destruction approvals in place and coordinate destruction of records with the archiving centre.
- Maintain accurate business list of records
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the information risk manager
- Through the IRM manager, be accountable for IRM policy implementation across the business
Education And Experience Required
- (5) years’ experience, preferably in Information Risk Management.
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Risk Assessment
- Records management
- Related Data Privacy Laws and regulations
- Information Management
- Principles, practices, and techniques related to Information Risk Management.
- Vendor Management.
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Communication: Written and Spoken
- Application Deadline – 17th May 2023***
- Higher Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
You must be logged in to post a comment.