Absa Bank Limited
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of credit control management activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
- Reporting to the Head of Business Banking sanctioning, the role holder will be required to collaborate in shaping SME risk appetite and Target Market Criteria (TMC) to build a profitable and sustainable business
- Review, recommend and build SME fit-for-purpose risk processes across the end-to-end lifecycle (multi-year outlook).
- Assess current capability against ambition and build a plan to close the gap with clear annual deliverables.
- Implement risk policy, account management and collections and impairments processes (Proactive and not reactive)
Accountability: Credit Risk Management Time Split 70%
- Accountability for the strategy and quality of the SME lending book, including all aspects of lending.
- In collaboration with the business counterparts, develop, implement, and maintain SME credit risk strategies
- Ensure the highest standards of credit quality through the sanctioning, sampling, and application of best practice to credit proposals, and maintenance of these standards throughout the SME credit teams.
- Input on review of the scorecard cards and monitoring the scorecard cards to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the intended purpose and result
- Guide and support SME key stakeholders on all matters relating to credit risk within SME with special focus on secured and unsecured book.
- Review and Implementation of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
- Ensure timely and effective monitoring and control of the SME lending book. Review and challenge information and performance.
- Managing, review and challenge change to ensure that the anticipated benefits are not only met but maximized.
- Ensure adherence to Lending discretions with appropriate delegation to the SME Credit and Credit Operations/ RCU Team.
- Exercise personal judgment and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of credit proposals.
- Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance, and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring audit outcomes are satisfactory backed by conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Handling Policy Dispensations
- Maintain interactive relationship with relevant ARO/Group Risk/Business/Operations/Conformance Teams.
- Challenge pricing and profitability models in order to maximize value. Ultimate sign off at customer level remains with Business.
- Design, implement and maintain generic strategies for appropriate remedial action on poorly performing accounts in the portfolio
Accountability: Team Management Time Split 30%
- Promote teamwork in delivering performance by designing performance measurement processes that recognizes performance both at individual and team levels
- Coaching team members on how individual and team PD financial targets are measured proactively reflecting on their feedback to win buy-in for effective and efficient PD review and process improvement.
- A numeric degree (math, statistics, economics, operations research) or master’s degree, A business ARO background is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in performing data analysis utilizing a standard statistical package
- High level of PC literacy, ideally with programming experience
- Practical experience of using analytics to solve complex business problems.
- Able to present complex analytical concepts to all levels of the business.
- Communication (both verbal and written)
- Creative thinking and ability to explore new ideas / opportunities and develop innovative approaches.
Knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of Group policies and strategies relative to the credit function
- Product knowledge
- Detailed understanding / fit of the vision for Risk
- Detailed understanding of the Bank’s policies on Employment/Redeployment, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety
- Working knowledge of local country structure and strategy
- Leadership and performance development of a team
- Managing risk and reward
- People management and coaching
- Communications (written and oral) and presentations
- Effective negotiation and influencing
- Risk Management
- Business Management
- Strong Lending skills
You must be logged in to post a comment.