Absa Bank Limited
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- To provide excellent customer experience, and deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards.
Key Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
Business Growth: Time split 60%
- Understand and implement business strategic initiatives for the branch aimed at increasing new business and wallet share from existing customers.
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks’ portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, Bancassurance to maximize cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, and products, conduct product reviews and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government /directives, and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute to the development of branch sales strategy.
- Plan and coordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross-sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
- Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to-bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on, on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high-level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective Branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view to re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree on branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Bank’s overall strategy- Growth, Transformation, and Returns.
Internal Controls & Risk Management: Time split 10%
- Ensure that Absa bank¡¦s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regard to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure the new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, and fees are collected as per the current tariff.
- Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Customer Experience: Time split 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT in response to customer queries by phone, email, or letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS scores are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off-peak periods.
Capacity Building & People Management: Time split 10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, teamwork and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports are undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
Work Cycle and Impact:
- Submission of daily performance reports to the branch manager.
- Review of unfunded accounts within the portfolio.
- Review and recovery of delinquency accounts.
Ideal Job Competencies
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of computerized banking applications and spreadsheets
- Conceptual and analytical skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen on details
- Risk management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by implementing appropriate risk management policies for the bank
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top nick understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting, and operational requirements as provided by CBK, KBA, KRA etc
- Basic Credit Skills: Good knowledge of personal and business credit underwriting and portfolio management
- Audit standards & Legislation: Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislation
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well-rounded knowledge of all the Banks’ products, operations, and processes and excellent knowledge of bank policies and procedures to consistently achieve the required compliance standard.
Behavioral and Cognitive Competencies
- Results and achievements oriented: Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads to optimize employee productivity. Ability to effectively plan and monitor the branch performance using defined systems and processes
- Leadership and Management Skills: Ability to strive for growth through performance, nurture and grow talent for self. Capability to mentor and manage changes. Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication. Teamwork and trust are needed to support performance and a customer service-oriented culture
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Well-developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with others. Effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (Internal/external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Negotiation & Selling Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always win/win. Negotiate with customers on product offerings to grow customer numbers/value and product uptake
- Human Resource Management Skills: Basic leadership skills, team building, and ability to train, develop, lead and work with highly motivated teams
- Personal Ethics; Must be honest, fair, just but firm with self, and of high integrity
- Relationship Management: Managing client relationships so as to ensure excellent customer experience leading to value added to the customer and increase in the Banks share of wallet
- Conscious of banks reputation: Protect and enhance the bank’s reputation
You must be logged in to post a comment.