Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To monitor and control all procedures that affect the receipt, issuance, general controls and hotel sales – rooms, food and beverage, other miscellaneous services and products – in the hotel, and to ensure that all control functions are established and enforced according to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain local policies as they relate to the receipt issuance and general controls of all hotel inventories, consumables, and various supplies.
- Assist in the monthly inventories count and extension.
- Establish and maintain a database for all kind of hotel inventory stocks including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all hotel items, especially food and beverage ones.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for various hotel supplies to the various departments.
- Summarize these transactions for each financial period close.
- Cost all hotel operational consumables and inventory items and where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential cost of sales, especially in food and beverage.
- Prepare and all operational costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and compute the following:
- Monthly food and beverage actual costs by outlet
- Monthly storeroom variances for food and beverage
- Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices.
- Establish and monitor the following operational controllers in the banquets and food and beverage outlets:
- Cash Bars
- Menu Items (ensure that they are properly rung up the system)
- Liquor pouring procedures
- Guest check void controls
- Cash handling and check settlement
- Operation inventories and reconciliations
- Point of Sale system user capabilities and controls
- Portion controls
- Prepare F&B reports as requested by management.
- Maintain accuracy of POS System data and ensure hardware is in good working order.
- Monitor and record all house account meals and entertainment expenses and report any non-compliance to the Assistant Controller for follow up with the hotel management.
- Maintain menu costing on all food and beverage items and make F & B management aware of any pricing problems.
- Constantly monitor all food and beverage controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform any other spot checks as prescribed in the Housekeeping, laundry and Food and Beverage Manuals.
- Coordinate, attend and monitor all food and beverage physical inventories to ensure accuracy.
- Verify, extend and tabulate the above inventories and prepare monthly inventory adjustments journal entry.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Rooms, Food and Beverage Director, Executive Chef and Purchasing manager and make them aware of any potential problems or opportunities to improve the controls in their areas.
- Closely monitor and support Purchasing Mgr, Storekeeper and Receiving in performing their duties by sharing knowledge on each item Hotel may need for the proper operations.
- Take active part in implementing and complying with HACCP requirement.
- Attend Food and Beverage meetings to review prior Food and Beverage report to highlight actions needed, and focus Food and Beverage management on appropriate opportunities.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the Company and to encourage staff to do the same
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Cost Controlling – Rooms related (Housekeeping and Laundry inventories and consumables, Rooms amenities), Food and Beverage miscellaneous inventories, office supplies, uniforms, all other Hotel operations related costs.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to hotel operations cost control.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner