Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
MICT is a top tier CFS located in Mombasa. We are looking to hire passionate and energetic accountant to join our team.
Reporting to Chief Accountant
Your Tasks and Responsibilities;
- Assist the C/A in collating of EOM reports and annual reports such as Management accounts and annual budgets
- Preparation of revenue and expense schedules and give analytical interpretation of data to assist in management accounts reporting on a monthly basis
- Amortization of prepayments and reconciliation of the schedules against the general ledger accounts
- Assist the C/A to ensure that the stock is accurately captured and well provided for in the prepayment schedules in the Balance Sheet
- Management and provision of accruals and maintaining their schedules against the general ledger accounts ensuring accuracy
- Reconciliations of related parties and sorting out any discrepancies
- Maintaining an Asset register and posting of monthly depreciation thereof
- Other general ledger account reconciliation and sorting any discrepancies thereof
- Daily Cash flow preparation and circulating of the report to the management
- Overseeing of payment preparation and approving of payment in the absence of the C/A
- Reconciling the I-tax ledgers against the TB ledgers to ensure accuracy and correctness of filled returns
- Management of accrued income like the monthly interest on FD income with banks
- Postings of interest payable on loans and amortization of loan principal balances with the bank statements. (If any)
- Ensure accurate and timely filling and payment of all KRA returns and all statutory deductions; i.e.VAT, WHVAT, WHTAX, PAYE, Housing Levy, NITA, NHIF, NSSF
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting or related field
- A qualified accountant – CPA (K) or ACCA
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar position
- Working experience in CFS is an added advantage
- Must have a strong understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and tax laws is fundamental
- Accuracy and attentive to detail
- Have analytical and problem solving skills
- A person of integrity and good ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 24th November, 2023. Indicate the title of the job on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted