Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ThinkWell is an emerging health systems development organization that is currently in a major growth phase. While our core area of work is health financing, we take a health systems approach and provide support to human resources for health, health information systems, private sector engagement, and research and evaluation. We are currently in search of an Accountant – Accounts Payable & Operations.
The successful candidate will have a strong accounting foundation and a desire to be part of an exciting and growing team. S/he should have a demonstrated record of academic excellence and, ideally, have professional or personal experiences relevant to this position. This is an opportunity for the right person to develop strong accounting skills and gain experience working independently and on global teams across the organization. This position is fully remote and will report to the International Accounting Manager. This is a global position, open to candidates in any location.
The Accountant – Accounts Payable & Operations will be responsible for executing accounts payable (AP) responsibilities, including: monitoring the AP email account; entering invoices received from vendors into ThinkWell’s AP system for routing, review and approval; supporting payment processing; supporting cashflow monitoring; preparing journal entries for the general ledger, and entering accruals. The Accountant will also process journal entries for labor, credit card transactions, and related items. S/he will support payroll processing and preparation of related documents, preparation of bank reconciliations, other month-end closure responsibilities, and related accounting and administrative tasks as assigned.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 2+ years’ experience;
- Relevant work experience in the specific area of technical expertise. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles;
- Prior experience with USAID and other international funders a plus;
- Intermediate level experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Nexonia, Tipalti, and other systems is a plus;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders;
- Fluency in English, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.