Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ThinkWell is an emerging health systems development organization that is currently in a major growth phase. While our core area of work is health financing, we take a health systems approach and provide support to human resources for health, health information systems, private sector engagement, and research and evaluation. We are currently in search of an Accounting Specialist.
The successful candidate will have a strong accounting foundation and a desire to be part of an exciting and growing team. S/he should have a demonstrated record of academic excellence and, ideally, have professional or personal experiences relevant to this position. This is an opportunity for the right person to develop strong accounting skills and gain experience working independently and on global teams across the organization. This position is fully remote and will report to the Accounting Manager. This is a global position, open to candidates in any location.
General Accounting Functions
The Accounting Specialist will prepare, process, and enter data into our general ledger system for accounts receivable invoices, record deposit entries, invoicing reconciliations, and other accounting duties as assigned. Such tasks may include the following:
- Ensure accounting activities are recorded in appropriate systems to ensure accurate reporting
- Deposit entry
- Manage customer information
- Systems synchronization – import/export accounting data and review for accuracy
- Monthly client invoicing
- Accounts receivable reporting
- Assist with cash flow reporting
- Assist with month end reporting and revenue processing
- Support with payroll for global ThinkWell entities & offices
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
- Think big
- Influence the conversation
- Empower others
- Be exceptional
- Always question
- Relate authentically
- Evolve by learning
- ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
- An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
- A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
- Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
- A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
- Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
- Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 5+ years’ experience or graduate degree and 3+ years’ experience;
- Relevant work experience in the specific area of technical expertise. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles;
- Prior experience with USAID and knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, and 2 CFR 200 is a plus;
- Intermediate level experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Nexonia, Tipalti, and Microsoft Dynamics is a plus;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders;
- Fluency in English, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.