IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
ACDI / VOCA
Vacancy Advertisement: Reception & Admin Assistant
The Reception and Admin Assistant will be the first point of contact for the organization, responsible for receiving visitors and delivering exceptional assistance both to internal and external customers.
The position also includes performing administrative duties as outlined below.
The position will be based in Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general information about the organization to the visitors. Receive and direct visitors accordingly.
- Fielding telephone calls and manning the reception as well as keeping the reception area neat and tidy. Assist in overseeing office cleaners property maintenance duties.
- Responsible for managing stationery, issuing to staff, maintaining an updated record and replenishing the stock.
- Responsible for kitchen supplies, issuing to kitchen staff, maintaining an updated record and replenishing the stock.
- Assist the Operations and in arranging events that take place in Nairobi or its environs. Backstops in for the Logistics Coordinator in her absence
- Prepare payments for recurring/monthly bills like security, cleaning services, rent, telephone, stationery and submit the same to finance for settlement. Maintain a calendar/tracker for monthly bill and ensure they are settled timely.
- Carry our debtor’s reconciliation with the assistance of the Finance team to ascertain unpaid invoices and resolve reconciling amounts.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions for miscellaneous items as needed and assist with preparation of day to day procurement documentation as needed.
- Act as the contact person between the mobile telephone service provider and staff on issues related to their official phone lines.
- Prepare Goods Received Notes for all items received in the office except office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain adequate Petty Cash and liquidate the balance when replenishment is required. Perform cash counts on a regular basis and report the balances to the Finance Manager.
- Prepare timely payment documentation for staff contracted on a short term or temporary basis.
- Assist with payment documentation for staff health and life insurance as additions and deductions occur.
- Track and update the long-term procurement contracts to ensure that the procurement team are alerted a months before expiry of agreements. Assist in preparation of contract modifications as needed.
- Assist in construction prequalification, tendering and award process. Support the team in receiving and registering EOIs and tender documents as well as capturing relevant information for analysis before the contractors are awarded.as needed
- Ensures all documents actioned on are saved on SharePoint on a regular basis.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum of two years as Admin Assistant/Receptionist with at least 1 year in INGO set up.
- Basic knowledge of USAID policy and procedures will be an added advantage
- Client oriented service skills
- Good knowledge of Computer applications, MS Office packages etc.
- Excellent Communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Organizing and planning skills with attention to detail
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, please send your application and detailed CV to HRKenya@acdivoca.org to reach us by latest 25th November 2022.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.