Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Responsibility for retention of existing and growth of new customers. Each Service Agent to pro-actively manage all merchants in their area of execution. Some will cover vast areas according to merchant segmentation and will therefore need to be flexible to travel as required by the business and be able to deal with customers remotely.
To proactively recruit profitable new business and establish, manage and develop long term, Profitable Relationships, ensuring the provision of first-class customer service and maximizing business opportunities to achieve business objectives and goals.
Key responsibilities and approximate time split
Business Growth and Retention 50%
- Proactively create and develop business relationships with companies
- Implement activities to deliver value added products and services, generating increased income and revenue from existing merchants
- Fully understand the workings of ABSA, merchant pricing and risk issues.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers, engaging line managers at senior management or director level if called for towards the achievement of business objectives.
- Make sound commercial judgments in order to retain and fully develop customer base
Customer contact 30%
- The role holder is responsible for managing and responding to customer requirements, queries and complaints
- Establish, build, and maintain ongoing relationships with customers to develop and protect business income
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and requirements of customers’ businesses
- Provide evidence of customer demand to influence new products / enhancements / solutions
- Apply knowledge and skills in resolving any challenges the merchant may face when using the Point-of-Sale terminals. It is Important that each Service Agent/ Relationship manager knows PDQ functionalities and acquiring systems to be able to manage customer expectations during their visits.
- Maintain and understand the business environment in which the customer operates
- Constantly update knowledge on all products and services offered by ABSA.
Planning and Execution 20%
- Responsible for developing a personal plan to achieve targeted objectives and goals
- Personal time management of day-to-day activities to maximise return on resources
- Keeping fully updated on customer activities, challenges and demands in line with business demands.
- Constant evaluation of portfolio to achieve profitability.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)