IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
We are looking for a talented, passionate and technically skilled Database Architect with strong background in OLTP workloads, who will help us build and maintain an optimized, highly available, high-performance DBaaS. Database Architect will work closely with Acronis Software Architects, Developers, QA, Operation teams and will take part in database design review processes and activities, performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review the design of existing databases being used in Acronis products;
- Build highly available, secure and performance efficient database infrastructure in Acronis products to satisfy incoming business requirements;
- Help to define how components data should be organized, assist with database migration;
- Participate in migration scripts review and acceptance;
- Work closely with developers to help design the needed database structures, solve problems, and optimize the performance of key products;
- Mentor and train colleagues where necessary by helping them learn and improve their SQL skills, as well as innovate and iterate on best practices;
- Participate in DB-centric applications components design review process;
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 5+ years of experience OLTP workload programming and performance optimization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of relational database design and operation (normalization, denormalization, constraints, indexes, data sharding, etc)
- Experience in programming: SQL, PL/pgSQL
- Experience in PostgreSQL as DB administrator (tuning, performance troubleshooting, backups, monitoring)
- Linux OS administration skills
- Understanding of High Availability principles for databases
- Fluent English