Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Plan International Kenya’s (PIK) strategic goal in the next five years is to end teenage pregnancies and end all forms of sexual and gender-based violence against adolescent girls and young women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIK will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly approximately 2.75 million (children, including girls and young women over the period of the strategy 2022-2026 and to reach additional beneficiaries through its interventions.
The Administration Assistant will report directly to the Machakos Program Unit Integrated Senior Project Coordinator with technical support from the Director of Operations. S/he is responsible to directly supervise the support team including PU office stewards and guards.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Front Office Management (25%)
- Act as the first point of contact for all incoming visitors and the organization switchboard and refer these to relevant department or staff members.
- Responsible for opening, closing and monitoring access to the office, using the installed security system at the main door.
- Responsible for timely payment of all utility bills.
- In liaison with the Procurement and Administration Coordinator, ensure annual renewal of all relevant county government permits.
- Manage incoming, outgoing mails and parcels while ensuring proper records are maintained for tracking purposes.
- Management of office petty cash float and adherence to set expenditure guidelines
- Ensure all administration related documents are properly filled.
- Responsible for management of office stationery and kitchen supplies while ensuring issuance and proper records are maintained.
- Responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops and meetings. Makes relevant hotel reservations,
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence to set policies under the overall finance and administration guidelines for the Satellite office.
- Develop and maintain administration systems, Maintain and coordinate Office documentation and information with confidentiality for orderly and easy access to documents/filing system in readiness for external and internal audit requirement.
- Coordinate Satellite office vehicle(s) ensure that vehicles are periodically scheduled for maintenance and always have valid insurance cover.
- Responsible for coordinating travel for Satellite office staff, volunteers and visitors by making relevant travel arrangements.
- Responsible for ensuring that Plan travel policies and procedures are well understood and followed at Satellite Office.
- Oversee provision of cleaning services, ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of the offices.
Procurement, Warehousing and Assets Management (20%)
- Coordinate all procurement activities for Satellite Office and ensure compliance to policies guidelines and regulations.
- Produce timely and accurate logistics reporting to the Integrated Senior Project Coordinator. Oversee the office stores management, asset/inventory control.
- Maintain an updated satellite office asset register including safe custody of all organisations’ assets, maintaining their purchase contracts, ownership documents after sale service contracts and undertaking periodical physical stock takes.
- Ensure transparency and integrity in the procurement processes in line with Plan policies and guidelines;
- Receive, review procurement requests and source using appropriate procurement method.
- Analyse bids and recommend selected vendor for approval;
- Prepare and facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to vendors and follow ups to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
- Liaise with the requesters to ensure goods and services requested are received on time and the necessary documentation satisfactorily done (goods received notes/invoices etc.);
- Process payment as applicable and ensure documentation is submitted to Finance in a timely manner
- Keep proper and an up to date filing system for all procurement documents;
- Update and share the weekly procurement tracker.
Capability building and People Management (10%)
- Promote good team working environment in accordance to Plan purpose and values.
- Support in co-ordination of new staff orientation.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
Financial Responsibility (10%)
- Make payments for program support expenditures in accordance with Plan policies and procedures
- Manage the petty cash floats both in the office and at the bank and ensure adequate funds are available for the PU requirements
- Preparation and submission of accurate and timely financial reports.
Risk Management (10%)
- Identify and manage PU administrative and logistics risks.
- Promote compliance with Plan Kenya and donor requirements and regulations in all administrative and logistical assignments.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) 5%
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that S/He contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI
Other duties 5%
- As assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, procurement and logistics, supply chain management or another related field.
- 1-year relevant experience in administration, logistics, procurement, or HR preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and team player
- Good team management and supervisory skills
- Excellent office management skills
- IT/computer skills
- Knowledge of filing and general record keeping
- Pro-active and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Telephone operation skills
- Hands on experience and skills in an Enterprise Resource Planning e.g. SAP