Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Under the overall guidance of the Peace and Development Advisor (PDA), and direct supervision of the Operations Associate, the Intern will work in close collaboration with the Peace and Development Team, UNDP, and the National Partners to support the National Peacebuilding Architecture Review.
He/She will work in close collaboration with the National Peace and Development Officer and Technical Specialist to identify areas where administrative and/or logistical support is required. He/ She will also work with the PDU Team to support the review of the peace sector to deepen understanding of peace and conflict dynamics in the country and the functioning of the national peacebuilding architecture. He/ She will assist with logistics for this process including mediation needs and ongoing interventions.
The Intern will be a self-driven individual Intern and available immediately to join the team for a period of two renewable terms of three months. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to learn how the UN system works, understand various UN agencies and their respective mandates and Joint Programmes, and UN programming processes and Policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide logistic support for events, missions, and conferences.
- Assist in travel arrangements for staff and partners.
- Assist in managing the project records and filing system.
- Assist in taking minutes during meetings and/or workshops.
- Assist to organize and schedule meetings and/or workshops.
- Ensure external people are welcomed in the office.
- Assist in preparing payment requests.
- Assist suppliers with the registration process in Quantum.
- Assist in preparing travel claims and transport reimbursements.
- Assist to monitor the budgets and associated expenditures.
- Other duties assignment
- PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
- Achieve Results
- Think innovatively.
- Learn continuously.
- Adapt with Determination
- Engage and Partners
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Excellent critical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good-humoured even under pressure;
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, management studies, economics, social studies, or a related field;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, management studies, economics, social studies, or a related field;
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience and/or ability to work in an office environment handling administrative issues.
- Excellent skills in the usage of computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- Proficiency in Internet and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Team player with strong initiative and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural working environment.
Fluency in English – written and spoken is required
- Internship assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP.
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;.
Application Deadline : 26th September 2023