Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Advocacy, Accountability & Partnerships Manager reports to the Managing Director. This position oversees and implements the Hub’s work in advocacy, accountability, and partner relations, including civil society engagement and engagement with non-FP partners, faith partners, private sector partnerships, and regional bodies.
Reporting to the Advocacy, Accountability & Partnerships Manager will work closely with the rest of the Hub team. They will also collaborate closely with FP2030’s Director, Advocacy and Partnerships, located in the North America & Europe (NAE) Hub, and with the NAE Hub’s FP 2030 Advocacy & Accountability Manager.
Regional Advocacy and Accountability
- Support the design and implementation of a regional advocacy and accountability strategy based on the FP2030 global advocacy framework and, in close coordination with country civil society partners and focal points, and with the FP2030 Advocacy and Partnerships team, including developing and executing appropriate regional strategies when needed.
- Elevate the regional family planning agenda and ensure high-level political engagement and momentum around FP2030 commitments.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the region’s civil society engagement strategy.
- Coordinate closely with the Hub’s Officer, Communications and with the North America & Europe Communications team to implement a regional advocacy communications strategy and to support implementation of FP2030’s global advocacy communications strategy within the region.
- Work closely with the data team in rolling out evidence-based advocacy and accountability strategies.
- Support and nourish regional advocacy, including building and nurturing alliances with advocacy coalitions and other family planning partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of relevant regional resources around advocacy.
- Support the development and implementation in the region of an FP2030 learning agenda that documents and assesses accountability approaches and activities employed by FP2030 countries over the first two years of the FP2030 partnership.
- Support the development and implementation of an FP2030 accountability dashboard that captures regional trends.
- Support the operationalization of the African Presidential Taskforce on Family Planning in collaboration with the North America and European (NAE) Hub Advocacy and Accountability team
- Support country accountability efforts, including providing and brokering technical assistance to countries in the region as they implement their accountability efforts an ensuring cross-country, cross-regional learning exchanges, and best practices.
Engagement with Partners and Stakeholders, and External Relations
- Develop and implement regional strategies for long-term relationship building with partners and other nongovernmental stakeholders, aligned with the FP2030 Vision Framework and with a focus on integrating family
- planning and sexual and reproductive health (SRH) with other health and development sectors such as gender, humanitarian, climate change and related sectors.
- Develop and implement a regional partnership strategy for family planning advocacy including connecting with implementing partners, regional organizations in the family planning and other health and development sectors within the region, including the private sector, to build relationships, share information.
- Effectively manage non-state actor commitment maker relationships, including mobilizing commitments, outreach to new and existing commitment makers, including supporting the self-reporting process for these commitment makers.
- Seek opportunities to advance and operationalize rights-based family planning (RBFP), including for youth and other underrepresented groups in global development, humanitarian, health, and gender agendas, particularly with a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice lens.
- Collaborate with civil society and youth focal points, consultants, and other staff as needed to advance advocacy and partnerships work across the region.
- Collaborate with FP2030’s global Advocacy, Accountability and Partnerships (AAP) team to ensure alignment of country, regional and global advocacy agenda.
- Provide regular updates on the progress of advocacy, accountability, and partnerships work in the region, including to FP2030 Senior Leadership; draft content for reports to funders, Senior Leadership, and key external stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as line manager and supervisor to the Hub’s Officer, Communications.
Other Relevant Duties:
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Health, International Development, Communications, or other directly related field, or equivalent standard of education. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 7-8 years of professional experience at the national or international level, with project management, advocacy and coalition building, and strategic communications expertise.
- Demonstrable advocacy skills.
- Experience in working with multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Experience or insight working with private sector for social impact
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international or regional reproductive health/FP partnerships
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong oral, written, editorial and presentation skills.
- Team player with adaptable and pragmatic approach to work, able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and the ability to meet deadlines and deliver objectives on time despite time constraints and pressure situations.
- Excellent organization skills, capable of delivering objectives independently.
- Ability to think strategically and help drive projects from inception to implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competencies.
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, and research capabilities.
- Strong analytical and writing skills with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Written and spoken fluency in English (professional fluency in another language is an asset).
- Politically astute with a good understanding of the bigger picture, culturally sensitive and diplomatic.
- Enthusiastic and motivated about FP2030’s vision, mission and values.
- Commitment to community and civil society engagement including the meaningful participation of marginalizedcommunities.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%).
Closing Date : 24th November 2023