Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Africa Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking an intern based in the Nairobi office beginning mid-January 2024 through May 2024. Ideally, the candidate should be available to intern part-time 18-35 hours per week for the duration of the internship. The internship will primarily focus on ongoing projects and research in Uganda and Tanzania and support those teams as needed.
- Conducting desk research including small research assignments;
- Monitoring media and compiling reports on news relating to Uganda and Tanzania;
- Assisting in translating documents in Swahili when necessary;
- Conducting data analysis;
- Identifying and understanding key issues
- Drafting documents regarding issues in Uganda and Tanzania;
- Attending and supporting in the planning of substantive meetings; and
- Other projects may be assigned as they arise and match the intern’s interests and abilities.
Students may also have opportunities to attend lectures, trainings, professional development workshops, and/or special events relating to human rights, as well as network with other HRW interns, volunteers, and employees. As an HRW intern, students will take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting.
- Enrollment in an accredited undergraduate/graduate program for the duration of the internship term is required;
- A strong interest in human rights is essential;
- Applicants should be well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable;
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, internet applications) and experience completing internet research are essential.
- Proficient reading and writing skills in Swahili are required;
- Proficient reading and writing skills in any Ugandan language is beneficial.
Applicants who are offered an internship must possess valid work authorization in Kenya for the duration of the internship.
Application Deadline: 11 December 2023