African Population And Health Research Center (APHRC)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Working with the project team to ensure the successful implementation of the Kenya Abortion Survey;
- and other assigned projects;
- Coordinate the Kenya Abortion Survey project activities, including planning and supporting training, data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Oversee/lead the development of field and training manuals;
- Oversee the review and translation of research tools;
- Oversee fieldwork of the proposed research project to ensure the timely implementation of field activities;
- Support proposal writing and other fundraising activities within the Unit;
- Ensure ethical approvals and research permits are obtained;
- Oversee data cleaning and analysis;
- Lead the development of project reports;
- Participate in the dissemination of research findings and policy dialogue with appropriate audiences;
- Monitor project budgets and expenditure;
- Prepare project progress reports; and
- Lead and contribute to the development of manuscripts on abortion from this study and other topics within APHRC.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- PhD in Public Health, Community Health, or any related field with a specialization/focus on sexual, reproductive, maternal, and adolescent health and abortion research in Africa.
- At least one year of post-doctoral research experience conducting research on sexual andreproductive health, especially on abortion, in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects.
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative methods, including experience in data analysis withfamiliarity in Stata.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work independently in a team.
- Extensive experience and expertise working in abortion research (both quantitative andqualitative) and abortion policy in Africa.
- At least four years working and engaging with stakeholders on the topic of abortion, and with knowledge of the post-abortion care landscape.
- Demonstrable ability to write and publish scientific papers based on one’s publication history on sexual and reproductive health and/or abortion
You must be logged in to post a comment.