IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Aga Khan Academies
We are looking for a passionate Economics Teacher to join an experienced team of seven IB educators in the Individuals and Society /Humanities department. The Teacher will be responsible for raising the standards of student attainment and achievement in Economics, for monitoring, and supporting student progress as well as supervising Extended Essay.
Duty & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a passion for their subject that serves to motivate and encourage students to attain their personal best.
- Design engaging learning and assessment activities that develop deep understanding.
- Support students to be confident thinkers in a safe learning environment.
- Plan collaboratively with colleagues to design the MYP/DP units that effectively deliver the programmes.
- Monitor and report on student progress in Individuals and Societies.
- Act as an Extended Essay supervisor.
- Act as a form tutor/mentor to guide and support a small group of students
- Contribute to the development of enrichment / co-curricular and experiential activities.
- Teach Integrated Humanities to students between the ages of 11 and 15
- Participate in the residential programme and service-learning experiences for students.
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching qualification and experienced in teaching either Economics /History/Global Politics IBDP for at least 2 years.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the mission of the Aga Khan Academies
- A knowledge of criterion-based and the ability to incorporate in the teaching and learning would be advantageous
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay. The Aga Khan Academies foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy and civil society. Housed in spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students alike to grow both professionally and personally. The first Aga Khan Academy opened in Mombasa, Kenya in 2003, the second in Hyderabad, India, in 2011, and the third in Maputo, in 2013. Others are to be built in Africa, South and Central Asia and the Middle East. More information…
Region – Eastern Africa
Location – Kenya
Salary – Salary and package to attract the best candidate
Job Expires – 30-Nov-2022