Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The COO is responsible for the success of the Operating Companies in East Africa (which includes Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, DR Congo, Mozambique, Madagascar and Rwanda) and provides leadership to position each company at the forefront of the industry in a changing environment. The COO is tasked with developing a strategic plan to advance the IPS vision, mission and objectives and promote industrial and infrastructural development while impacting the communities where IPS operates.
- Develop and implement IPS Kenya strategy, ensuring that all sectors and project companies play the role for which they were created and contribute to the overall vision of the Group.
- Ensure that Group and Project Company Board Charters are developed, maintained, and current to ensure effective governance and oversight.
- Develop high-quality business plans aligned with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Monitor the external and operating environment for shifts or trends that may provide opportunities or threats for the business and ensure Group preparedness for the changes.
- Analyze the effects of long-term growth initiatives, planning, new strategies, and regulatory actions.
Business Operations (20%):
- Updating on the overall Group initiatives and progress against targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as required.
- Report regularly and advise the Board of Directors and Head Office on progress, achievement, and concerns against agreed milestones.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Ensure the organization has robust risk management capabilities at Group and project company level relevant to its size, complexity, and aspiration.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company continuity, sustainability and growth.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Develop and execute ambitious commercial action plans to enhance revenue growth and develop and protect market shares.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of financial resources within established policies of the Company whilst making appropriate and timely financial and management decisions.
- Develop solid cash flow projections and put in place a reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, and industry developments
- Identify new markets and business opportunities for products manufactured and processed in our industries and projects.
- Develop and establish partnerships and new markets to drive sales volumes.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements.
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits.
- Understand the business, the Government and Industry processes by being politically astute, including having a high level of understanding in managing private/public partnerships.
- Representing the organization at governmental and non-governmental functions, public meetings and industry events
- Ensure cordial relations are maintained in the communities in which the business operates, and this is mainly through Corporate Social Investment
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for shareholders.
- Approve new project conceptualization and initiation in line with the overall Group strategy.
- Act as the projects’ sponsor by presenting and seeking approval of new projects to the Board of Directors of IPS Kenya and AKFED
- In consultation with the CEO, ensure the appointment of capable project staff at all levels for the project to deliver on time and in full.
- In consultation with the CEO review and approve critical decisions on the progress, phases and variations of the projects.
- Institute project management controls by ensuring sufficient risk mitigation and harnessing available opportunities.
- In line with AKDN goals, develop strategies to ensure the social, environmental and economic sustainability of all Group projects.
- Lead with the CEO, the identification and development of the IPS Executive leadership team with self-confidence, trust, and drive for the effective execution of the strategic initiatives
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the organization’s vision and motivate, lead and empower teams across the Group towards high-performance levels.
- Communicate regularly and effectively to all staff the organization’s Vision and Mission, the progress towards the attainment of business goals and the existent and anticipated risks and opportunities of the internal and external environment.
- Build a positive and productive culture in the workplace and recognize the team’s accomplishments.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop high-performing teams.
- Establish processes and systems for performance measurements and management controls of critical success factors.
- Mentor and interact with staff members at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among the senior executive team and all staff members.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration
- An extensive proven track record of visionary business management in a large division or company with ten (10) years of experience.
- Experience working with Boards of Directors, providing professional, accurate and strategic advice.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Ability to influence leaders and build consensus with the Government and across the Group
You must be logged in to post a comment.