Homeroom Teacher (Local)
Aga Khan Education Services
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi is the only school in Kenya offering a continuum International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB) and is authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Diploma Programme (DP). With over 1000 students, the AKAN is a multi-cultural school with a variety of nationalities represented in our student and teaching faculty.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for the following position effective January 2023.
PYP HOMEROOM TEACHER (LOCAL)
A PYP Homeroom Teacher is an informed, reflective practitioner who uses inquiry-based learning and teaching strategies to create a positive learning environment that motivates and challenges all learners to develop attributes of the IB Learner Profile to become independent, life-long learners and leaders. The teacher will ensure student success and provide for the individual learning needs of each learner. He/she will be responsible for creating an inquiry-based classroom and teaching within the IB’s Primary Years Programme (PYP) philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Bachelor’s degree with PGCE
- 5 years of teaching experience in an international school
- PYP-focused professional development
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural collaborative team and environment
- Be conversant with the use of technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Teachers Service Commission (TSC) registration certificate (if already working in Kenya)
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Sports Science
- Performance and Visual Arts
- Technology Integration
- Modern European languages
- Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEAM)
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world. AKES currently operates over 200 pre-primary, primary, secondary, and higher-secondary schools and programmes in diverse geographic locations in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates. Schools offer their respective country’s national curricula; some schools in East Africa and Bangladesh also offer international curricula (IB and British). AKES employs over 3,500 teachers and educates over 89,500 students. More information…
Application closes on 2 December 2022.