The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network and one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world. AKES, Kenya operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
AKES, Kenya is looking for a skilled Plumber to provide support to the Facilities and Maintenance Department in providing efficient and effective end-to-end plumbing services. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, Nairobi, the Plumber will be responsible for maintaining and servicing all water infrastructures within the AKESK facilities in Nairobi as well as operating water pumps and generators in their respective stations from time to time efficiently.
- Installation and routine inspection of all water infrastructure, including servicing, repairs and maintenance of all plumbing related equipment and lines within the Nairobi units
- Carrying out daily checks on water pumps, washrooms, service lines, tanks, chambers, Sewer lines, manholes (all plumbing related areas)
- Ensuring that there are no leakages along waterlines within AKESK facilities in Nairobi, closing and opening the necessary valves as required to ensure that water reaches the respective storages provided
- Maintaining a safe working environment for self and others by ensuring AKESK Nairobi facilities have sufficient water supplies to allow the highest standards of cleanliness
- Reporting any extraordinary challenges encountered while carrying out assigned duties to the Facilities Manager, Nairobi for appropriate action
- Keeping in safe custody all tools and equipment allocated, spare parts and materials of all jobs in progress and use them correctly
- Complete opened job cards for all plumbing and related tasks within the expected turn-around times
- Adhere to the health and safety standards on the workplace as provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Act, 2007
- Ensures proper usage of personal protective equipment at all times while undertaking duties
- Handing over all the works and assignments to the Facilities Manager, Nairobi or the Head of Facilities in his absence, during long absences or when proceeding on leave
- Supporting facilities department in assigning various works as and when required as per the instructions from the Facilities Manager
To be the successful candidate, you should have:
- Minimum Secondary level education with professional certificates in plumbing and fitting
- At least five years relevant experience in a busy facilities and maintenance department preferably within a learning institution.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high sense of personal initiative
- A keen and fast learner, a good communicator and team player
- Masonry skills will be an added advantage
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world. AKES currently operates over 200 pre-primary, primary, secondary, and higher-secondary schools and programmes in diverse geographic locations in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates. Schools offer their respective country’s national curricula; some schools in East Africa and Bangladesh also offer international curricula (IB and British). AKES employs over 3,500 teachers and educates over 89,500 students. More information…
Closing: 13 December, 2022
Click Here to Apply.