This job has been expired
Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Develop School Leadership Profiles including a Headteacher, Deputy Head and Head of Department that will define the characteristics of future AKS school leader.
- Support country teams to review current appraisal and staff development programmes using these profiles, identify gaps and work to enable solutions.
- Develop and deliver in-house leadership training programmes based on a needs’ analysis.
- Develop an AKS mentorship framework to build the skills of school leaders.
- Provide mentorship for each group of school leaders to support them to carry out responsibilities with impact.
- Identify and train school leaders as mentors to enable them to support other leaders using the AKS mentorship framework.
Training & Development
- Research and outline an AKS school leadership development programme and source delivery partners.
- Establish and lead regular Professional Learning Community meetings to enable the sharing of best practice.
- Develop an approach to coaching drawing on an accepted and researched model and pilot an AKS Coaching Programme aligned to Standard 1 – School Leadership of the AKS Quality Standards for Schools with supporting tools that can be used to develop and support school leaders and aspiring Heads of School.
- Enable and support school leaders to use the coaching programme to support school staff in driving improvement in their own school/country context.
- Pilot this programme, by enabling school leaders to coach and mentor peers across the network, measuring success and enabling its dissemination.
School Improvement Self Evaluation
- Develop evaluative skills in leaders including sharpening the ability to understand school self-evaluation and approaches to external evaluation.
- Support leaders in understanding on how to improve their schools to develop an agreed process and approach to school improvement planning and implementation.
- School Leadership Profiles
- Coaching programme in place and implemented for AKS school leaders
- AKS Mentorship Framework in place for AKS school leaders and implemented.
- An outline School Improvement and Self Evaluation framework
- Demonstrable improvements in school leader competency, confidence, skills and practice.
- School Leaders demonstrate their understanding and ownership of developments to implement improvements with increasing independence.
- Demonstrable improvements in students’ outcomes, in the broadest sense, the quality and richness of students’ learning and their subsequent achievements.
- Closer collaboration and alignment of practice across the network of schools
- Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent)
- Honours degree or equivalent
Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years’ school leadership experience
- Proven ability to work with school leaders to help them improve their schools.
- Experience of leading change and improvement across a school/group of schools
- Experience in observing and evaluating school leadership and teacher quality and providing feedback.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching other staff
- Ability to plan and deliver effective training and development programmes which meet identified needs of each school.
- Excellent oral and written language proficiency in English
- Data analysis and use of schools’ performance data to inform decision-making.
- Excellent ICT skills
- High degree of professionalism, commitment, and integrity
- Cultural awareness, adaptability, understanding and sensitivity.
- Commitment to promoting the safety and wellbeing of students, ensuring that the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures are promoted.
- An ability to work flexibly, including some weekends and evenings, as and when required.
- Ability to travel across Europe, Asia and Africa
- Master’s degree in Education (or other relevant field)
- Education leadership qualification
You must be logged in to post a comment.