Risk and Security Analyst
Aga Khan Foundation
The role is primarily responsible for the monitoring, research, collection, processing, analysis, mapping, and dissemination of information on various operational and information platforms in support of the ongoing work of AKDN agencies and institutions.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Information collection, analysis, mapping, and dissemination.
- Production of accurate, interactive, digestible information reports with associated mapping, data models and dashboards.
- Monitor, collate and verify contextual developments from a diverse range of information.
- Provide research, incident evaluation, presentation, and report production for weekly, and bespoke reporting requirements.
- Build a network of professional contacts within the risk, safety and security sector.
- Assist with location-based reporting, as and when required for different stakeholders.
- Visit field offices and engage with stakeholders to improve contextual understandings and facilitate assessments, analyses, and recommendations.
Occasional significant duties and responsibilities
- Provide risk and security information briefings and presentations.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent accreditation in risk and security studies, criminal justice, journalism, international affairs, policing, or related field.
- Professional risk certifications or government certifications are desirable.
- Knowledge of the applicable regional/global security, political, social, and economic situations.
- Previous experience working for INGOs, travel safe programs and performing risk assessments.
- Experience in risk analysis and risk assessments of physical security or operations and planning.
- Three to five years practical experience in risk related disciplines, preferably with an International Organization.
- Experience in a Risk Centre or similar environment.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive written reports, presentations, and charts based on research, collection, and analysis of data.
- Demonstrated understanding the risk cycle, experience rating and ranking source credibility, providing data in various formats.
- Experience using GIS or i2 mapping software and/or managing databases is desirable.
- Proven ability to accurately draw conclusions by synthesizing raw data and information from multiple, unrelated sources into actionable intelligence to support client operations.
Required core competencies
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Understanding and willingness to work in a diverse team that supports all ethnic backgrounds.
- Exceptional IT, social media, and data mining skills.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to organize and present information in a coherent and understandable manner.
- Highly motivated and able to work both within a team environment and individually.
- A keen understanding of diplomatic relationships and working with potentially sensitive information.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae (CV), including three referees and cover letter that outlines why you are best suited for this exciting opportunity by 5th December 2022.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.