This job has been expired
Aga Khan University Hospital
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Advise finance on risky scheduled cases prior to admission
- Provide a second medical opinion on flagged cases to finance
- Monitor non-transferable admissions with financial difficulties to determine when they become transferable
- Represent finance on the Long Stay committee comprised of the clinical leadership and finance
- Provide recommendations regarding care plans for flagged cases
- Carry out clinical resolutions to completion
- Prepare, implement, and review procedures and policies for handling flagged cases within finance while incorporating the clinical considerations
- Prepare and present periodic reports on the clinical status and care management of flagged cases
- Always ensure availability of feedback to stakeholders
- Review medical files for all cases flagged by finance to establish suitability of medical recommendations affecting discharge
- Highlight and investigate flagged cases with the potential for financial risk arising from medical recommendations, and advise finance and the long stay committee
- Update finance on progress and care plan flagged cases
- Ensure timely preparation of documents for flagged cases by respective clinicians
- Ensure accurate and timely communication between clinicians and patients regarding patient costs and clinical guidelines
- Create relationships with other hospitals in Kenya and region for ease of transfer
- Liaise with other hospitals to source appropriate beds and acceptance for flagged patients
- Arrange for transportation of flagged patients from AKUHN to receiving hospital
- Ensure handover of the transferred patient at the receiving hospital
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in a clinical area
- Master’s degree in Health Management will be an added advantage
- Licence from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists’ Council or its equivalent, based on area of specialization
- Atleast 3 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Experience in handling/ dealing with clinicians at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrable expert knowledge and skills in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills.
- Displays professionalism in all areas of work.
- Effective communicator at both operational and interpersonal settings
You must be logged in to post a comment.