IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 51 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation for staff to provide high quality professional services.
Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi is setting up a new Full Service Dental Laboratory which will be an integral part of the AKUH Dental clinic and will service all the clinics by providing high quality Dental Prosthetics. Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will be responsible for fabricating all full range of dental prostheses i.e., Porcelain crown and bridge work and prosthetic component of implant restorations, dentures and partials as prescribed by the dentists
- Fabricate high quality crowns and bridges, inlays, onlays and other fixed appliances from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist, including wax, cast, trim and polish metal work, and porcelain work
- Fabricate high quality aesthetics oriented complete upper and lower dentures and Acrylic/Cast partial dentures from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist
- Fabricate high quality simple removable Ortho appliances from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist
- Ensure disinfection & sterilization of all laboratory equipment
- Read prescriptions or specifications and examine models and impressions in order to determine the design of dental products to be constructed
- Coordinate and ensure that there is adequate supply of Dental materials in the inventory
- Schedule and coordinate workflow with the resident dentists in a timely manner
- Manage inventory of Equipment and consumables
- Will be responsible for servicing and maintaining Laboratory equipment
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- At least 5 years’ experience in all aspects of dental technology
- Must be proficient in:
- Porcelain crown and bridge work
- complete dentures
- Partial acrylic and cast partials
- Fixed and removable Implants
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple functions effectively under work pressure
- Must be able to fabricate high quality appliances with timely delivery
- Ability to work independently in servicing the Dentists
- Ability to ensure infection control protocol in dental laboratories
- Must have knowledge of safety standards in a full service