Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The successful candidate will ensure that the end user calls are attended to in a timely manner, efficiently resolved and/or escalated and closed. The incumbent will be expected to provide helpdesk services, ensure calls are received, logged, assigned/actioned, follow up on the same and where necessary provide timely and reliable support on phone, remotely or in person on wide range of user problems. Escalate calls promptly and ensure timely generation of monthly or periodic Helpdesk operations service reports, as may be required by management for Decision Support.
- Offer student/classroom support for online and physical classrooms to ensure all the university programs and lectures run seamlessly.
- To learn and understand all the systems, hardware, and networks that AKU ICT support uses within the institution to be able to offer necessary support to end users
- Carry out/ coordinate routine Computer maintenance to make sure all ICT equipment are working properly to ensure good service delivery.
- Installation of HIMS software on end user PCs, making sure that end user PCS are pointing to the right server for Auto updating and performing routine manual updates on the local PCs as case may be.
- Problem analysis by coordinating with other support Engineers to come up with proper usual and unusual problems analysis and come up with proper resolutions
- Actively participate in Audio Visual support services to ensure continuity of service
- Ensuring that Hardware for end users is properly distributed, upgraded as case may be, to users in readiness for the Implementation of HIMS, and give a complete inventory Documentation to the Helpdesk Officers for filling and Updating
- Proper equipment labeling and tracking: Ensuring that the Support Teams’ premises is neat, and all equipment well labeled and status of why the equipment is held in the office updated on the Helpdesk and communicated to the support team Leader
Qualifications and Skill required:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/ Diploma in Information Technology or the equivalent
- KCSE with a minimum of Grade of C
- Experience in ICT Support for a period of 6 months to 1 year
- MCSE or any related certifications, N+, A+, will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills – both verbal and written as well as good telephone handling skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to details and good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Excellent team player and competent to work independently.
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously.
You must be logged in to post a comment.