Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 52 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to specialists, qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as imaging services. There is high expectation for staff to provide high quality professional services.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for providing quality and safe healthcare services to patients while adhering to relevant evidence based practices as well as the hospitals’ policies and procedures in order to meet treatment goals.
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies in compliance with evidence based practice and established protocols.
- Monitor acute and chronically ill patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patients and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures.
- Provide evidence based screening and wellness examinations, risk assessment, early detection and education on prevention of illness.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Establish links with clinic management and the main hospital to ensure smooth and efficient referral of patients.
- Work closely with members of the clinical and non-clinical teams to provide patient centric, coordinated care, reduce errors and waste and create efficiency in resource utilization.
- Actively participate in clinic quality initiatives in collaboration with the clinic management and Quality and Patient Safety team.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
- Successful completion of at least 2-years post-graduate Internship.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support (ACLS & ATLS).
You must be logged in to post a comment.