Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Liaise with health facility staff to identify potentially eligible study participants for recruitment into specific studies and sub-studies
- Communicate to prospective study participants about the research study
- Screen and recruit study participants including administering informed consent.
- Clinical and non-clinical data collection from study participants
- Perform anthropometric measurements and vital signs measurements for study participants
- Collect, transport and log biological samples for the study
- Conduct clinical measurements and clinical tests (eg. point of care tests, bedside tests) for the study.
- Conduct special study procedures for the study including simple ultrasound procedures.
- Retrieve ultrasound images for research participants from the clinical and research databases
- Retrieve participant data on perinatal outcomes from the clinical databases
- Conduct participant follow up for assessment of perinatal outcomes
- Create summary reports for activities and relevant events affecting the study as guided by the study coordinator.
- Attend training sessions and obtain relevant competency in skills essential for the role
- As guided by the study coordinator, plan for data collection activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- To handle study equipment with care and to ensure safe storage
- Any other responsibility as allocated by the study coordinator. This may include activities in the community and activities in other studies within the Centre of Excellence Women and Child Health.
- The RA-Nurse will be required to conduct all study activities in adherence to provided guidelines and protocols and with utmost confidentiality and ethical practice.
- Staff will obtain training on any specialised clinical procedures or tests.
The nurse is required to have and maintain active nursing practice licenses in Kenya and may be required to contribute to clinical care at the health facility.
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Nurse Midwife or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or equivalent
- Valid Practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Basic Computer literacy and training
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili
- Clinical experience in nursing and/or midwifery
- Experience working at the maternity unit, antenatal care unit or child health units at hospital or health centre level
- At least 1 year experience at a busy health facility
- Experience in mobile data collection tools
- Experience in clinical research is an asset
- Experience using hospital information systems for patient data will be an added advantage