Aga Khan University Hospital
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Leads the team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
- Fosters pleasant working environment through motivational leadership style to enhance job satisfaction among staff .
- Demonstrates effective counseling and coaching strategies in a diverse workforce setting.
- Leads the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, clinical pathways and care guidelines based on international standards.
- Is responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on-going training of the nursing team
- Participates in the budget process and ensures unit based control of operational costs based on institutional targets.
- Ensures the unit meets regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Continuously initiates innovative and evidence based strategies to improve quality of patient care.
- Employs effective change management strategies to support staff in enhancement of safe patient care.
- Provides effective supervision of the nursing staff, and utilizes learning opportunities for their development.
- Undertakes performance reviews of staff and develops action plans to ensure individual staff growth.
- Develops and implements nursing retention strategies to reduce turn-over of nursing staff.
- Leads the team in establishment of standards of care and monitors delivery of care according to established Key Clinical Indicators.
- Designs proactive and innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Monitors staff and client satisfaction with services in assigned unit and takes appropriate action to close gaps.
- Responds to client complaints in a timely manner by solving the problem or alerting the relevant persons.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN) or equivalent
- Current Licensure with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Operating Theatre.
- Demonstrates effective communication, leadership and management skills.
You must be logged in to post a comment.