Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Job Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning Officer (Meal Officer)
Alight Horn of Africa, on behalf of one of our subsidiary partners, ORAM, is seeking to engage a MEAL Officer as detailed below:
Duty Station: Nairobi with travel to Kakuma refugee camp.
Reporting Date: ASAP
Hours: Part-Time,25 hours/week
Contract period: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Open to Kenya Nationals only
Are you passionate about topics such as migration and refugees? Do you have experience or a strong interest in economic empowerment and capacity building of marginalized groups? Have you got great attention to detail and a bias to action? You may be a great fit for ORAM!
ORAM- Organization for Refuge, Asylum & Migration is an international non-profit that advocates for and assists people fleeing. ORAM protects and empowers vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers and refugees globally, creating sustainability and systemic change. We work with vulnerable refugees in Nairobi and Kakuma refugee camps focusing on enhancing self-reliance and resilience building through various programs. The current interventions include vocational and technical skills training, seed funding to micro, small and medium enterprises, business training and mentorship, food security & resilience building and capacity strengthening of Refugee-Led-Organizations.
This position will allow you to work directly with some of the most vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers and refugees in Kenya and make a difference in their lives by supporting them with knowledge, tools, and resources to become self-sufficient and live safer lives.
ORAM is seeking an experienced professional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Officer with strong data analytical skills and field experience in conducting assessments and evaluations to be part of ORAM’s Kenya team. The MEAL Officer will lead the development, testing and refining of data collection approaches, systems, tools and processes for program assessment, monitoring, and evaluations in line with the project requirements.
- Setting up systems for monitoring outcomes, developing monitoring and evaluation tools, and for ensuring compliance with methodological standards when conducting surveys.
- Implementation of data and management systems for the Kenya program.
- Conduct monitoring & evaluation activities, monitor data quality, follow up on activities to get feedback on the quality and relevance of the assistance, and build the capacity of field staff and seasonal enumerators as needed.
- Develop appropriate monitoring, tracking, and reporting tools and templates that enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program outcomes, and promote and ensure the use of data for decision-making processes.
- Ensure quality control processes are in place and assist with activity-level monitoring and verification of results in the field, including ensuring that data is complete, accurate, and consistent with the reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for the Program Manager that will be shared with donors and SMT in line with the project requirements.
- Support sub-contracted RLOs in developing MEAL plans and conducting monitoring activities.
- The MEAL will support the Program Manager in ensuring learning from all project activities are conducted; participating in project kick-off, review, and close-out meetings, as well as learning events and workshops in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programs.
- Take lead in supporting all efforts towards accountability, especially to persons of concern, ensuring they are actively engaged in the project cycle and are aware of ORAM’s feedback platform and this feedback incorporated into programmatic learning.
- Move regularly to project sites to monitor ORAM’s projects.
- Act as a focal point for all MEAL-related issues for the projects implemented in Nairobi and Kakuma refugee camps.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (development, social research, preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation, accountability).
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management, SPSS or other statistical package and demonstrate excellent skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts with a specific focus on monitoring and evaluation.
- Experienced in developing in designing questionnaires using data collection software, data collection protocols, quality assurance strategies, data management and data visualization.
- Knowledgeable in the planning and coordination of qualitative and quantitative surveys, dissemination of findings and project evaluation.
- Knowledge/experience with monitoring and evaluation cycle, facilitating learning and feedback sessions.
- Excellent English and Kiswahili, oral and written.
- Understanding of age, gender, and diversity mainstreaming and human rights is desired.
- Experience working with marginalized and vulnerable communities, a refugee setting will be an added advantage.
- Skilled in information management strategy, data structuring and data quality.
Required Skills & Competencies
These are the “must-haves” when you join ORAM:
- An open heart and an open mind.
- Proactive and biased towards action.
We are also looking for the following competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing the most vulnerable and socially marginalized refugees and asylum seekers including sexual and gender minorities.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with the ability to work remotely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Strong networking and outreach skills; ability to connect with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Discipline, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail are required.
- Strong computer skills (Word processors, Spreadsheets, databases, statistical packages, etc.)
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Reporting date is as soon as possible.
Helping people around the world take back control of their lives https://wearealight.org
How to apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and resume/CV not exceeding 3 pages to SMjobs@wearealight.org with MEAL OFFICER on the SUBJECT LINE
You must be logged in to post a comment.