Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Your contribution at AIG
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Accident & Health/Travel Manager will play a pivotal role in Strategic Management of the product tower, including setting up departmental budgets and targets and achieving them in terms top and bottom Lines.
This role develops and implements strategies to maximize penetration, volume/growth and profitability of Accident and health products (Individual and Group Personal Accident; Individual and Corporate Travel Insurance; Hospital Cash). The role requires extensive leadership skills and extensive experience in the consumer lines insurance segment and must understand and drive the distribution of the same.
Duties & Responsibilities: –
- Prepare and execute production and expense budgets in agreement with country management.
- Grow the Accident and Health Individual book of business utilising alternate forms of Distribution (Direct, Digital and agency)
- Manage and grow the Accident and Health business, and to ensure compliance with established and agreed upon performance objectives.
- Manage all expenses within budget. Continuously work to reduce the expense ratio through constant attention to efficiencies and opportunities to maximize productivity
- Create the vision for A&H business in Kenya and establish strategic business plans to achieve profitable growth in line with country targets.
- Monitor and analyse the A&H portfolio, the coordination and preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end reports with comparison to budgets.
- Interface with support units and inter-dependent departments to ensure the smooth workflow and maximize the full utilization of the management systems.
- Sets expectations and parameters for Analysis of:
- Insurance markets and our competitive position in those markets.
- Market trends and identifying areas of opportunity for expansion of existing products and introduction of new products.
- Country performance and identifying areas in pricing and/or underwriting that needs to be revised due to competitor programs, rates and/or actions.
- Develop and maintain strong personal and professional relationships with clients and support distribution teams to build strategic relationships.
- Set objectives for direct reports and ensure that staff objectives / KPI’s are aligned to business goals
- Ensure that appropriate training and development is provided to meet regulatory requirements and build technical skills for delegation of underwriting authority.
- Work with HR and local management to ensure that staff development plans are in place with feedback and follow-up.
- Manage succession planning to develop & retain talent and build bench strength.
Audit and Compliance
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Insurance or Business from a recognized institution.
- Insurance Technical Qualifications CII/ACII or AIIK
- Marketing professional qualifications is an advantage.
- Insurance Industry knowledge including underwriting concepts, local practices, and processing essentials.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in Insurance, with a minimum 3 year’s management experience.
- Proficient in IT applications widely used for business.
- Demonstrate experience driving growth through innovation – use of data analytics and insights in decision making.
- Experience in building relationships and influence with diverse cultures