This job has been expired
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Job Duties and Responsibilities 💼
Pre Recruitment Preparation
- Working with the hiring manager to develop a comprehensive job description for the vacant position(s).
- In consultation with the Head of People and hiring manager, craft salary and benefits package entitlement for each role.
- Preparing job ads based on the agreed job description.
- Identifying the best talent source suitable for the vacant position(s).
- Identifying ancillary needs for the role ( eg work tools, seating space) and coordinating with the necessary internal enabler to have these in place.
- Ensuring that 3rd party recruitment agencies are well briefed on the requirements and turnaround timelines for a hiring campaign when enjoined.
- Preparing all necessary collateral to support the hiring campaign (technical assessments, scoring sheets).
- Ensuring that all vacant positions are loaded on the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Leveraging sourcing tools to source for appropriate profiles as per hiring criteria.
- Longlisting and shortlisting candidates in accordance with the agreed criteria.
- Setting up and facilitating in-person or virtual technical assessments.
- Setting up and facilitating in-person interviews.
- Ensuring all unsuccessful candidates are notified of their status in a clear and timely manner.
- Facilitating background checks.
- Facilitating finalists’ terms of service negotiations, ensuring all communication is as per terms agreed to by management.
- Preparing and facilitating e-signature of all employment paperwork as needed.
- Setting up new joiners on the relevant internal communication platforms.
- Working with the hiring manager to craft the new joiners’ onboarding plan.
- Ensuring the necessary work tools needed by the new joiner are ready and in good working condition.
- Keep all relevant employee databases accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring the hiring pipeline on the ATS are well organized and CVs categorized appropriately.
- Prepare documents and reports as guided by the Head of People Operations.
- Create new and continuously improve the available recruitment collateral.
- Ensure all information they handle is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Present reports on recruitment and analyses the status of recruitment practices regularly to the team and management.
- Uphold the highest quality standards when undertaking all their tasks.
- Work effectively with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and how to optimize time and resources to fill vacant positions.
- Communicate effectively with 3rd party recruiters to ensure unique hiring needs are met within the stipulated time and that hires meet the expectations.
- Work effectively with the rest of the People Operations team to ensure new hires are effectively onboarding and settled in the business.
- Work effectively with all across the organization as needed.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing
- Active listening
- Relationship building
- Effective time management
Experience Required 🎖
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- CHRP (K) qualification is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of work experience as an in-house recruiter.
- Highly proficient in the use of Gsuite and applicant tracking and HRIS systems.
- Extensive knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods.
- Deep understanding of Kenya employment laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of sourcing avenues.
You must be logged in to post a comment.