Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5.4 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking an
Analyst Investment Management (m/f/d)
- Supporting the development of diversified country and regional portfolios in sub-Saharan Africa
- Participating in origination, structuring and negotiation of debt investments in financial institutions in sub-Saharan Africa for the benefit of Micro and SMEs finance or other development finance products
- Support investments in the areas of climate-change adaptation/mitigation, sustainable agriculture, MSME finance and financial inclusion – including business development and preparation of investment proposals for corporates, banks and other financial institutions.
- Monitor and analyse technology/policy developments in the areas of MSME lending, clean energy and sustainable agriculture in target markets.On- and off-site due diligence and monitoring of financial institutions (banks and non-bank financial institutions such as microfinance institutions, leasing companies, factoring companies etc.), corporates and portfolios
- Monitoring and analysis of key market and economic developments in countries of operation
- Monitoring of financial sectors regulatory and supervisory frameworks and policies
- Internal and external reporting regarding investment portfolio and development of the Funds
- Assist in identifying institution building/technical assistance needs for financial institutions or market participants in the area of micro and SME as well as climate-smart and resource efficiency finance
- Advancing responsible finance in countries of operations through respective dialogue, investment structuring, workshops and initiatives.
What we expect
- Previous experience in banking/financial sector, ideally with expertise in lending to financial institutions and portfolio management
- Understanding of financial inclusion and climate-smart agriculture and experience, or other relevant financial experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a good understanding of applicable accounting standards.
- Excellent understanding of banking, both business and risk perspective
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French
- Interest and general knowledge of development finance and impact investment, including micro / SME finance as well as energy efficiency, resource efficiency and renewable energy finance; preferably previous exposure to development finance institutions.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong ability to handle different tasks simultaneously
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Team player with an open and engaging communication style and interpersonal skills, enhanced by multicultural sensitivities
- Goal oriented, fully committed to deliverable of high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel in the countries of FiM operations as necessary
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
- Previous experience in the Maghreb region is considered a plus.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 60 nationalities that is keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees