Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
You will need to drive and manage leaf centre agronomy & extension services to achieve agreed quantity, quality and cost objectives. In addition, you will co-ordinate and manage all operations in the growing region to drive business agenda and foster positive business image.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Timely prepare, obtain approval from the LGM (K), implement and continuously monitor a crop action plan for the production of the agreed quality, quantity and cost of tobacco leaf.
- Timely evaluate and communicate to the LGM (K) progress on the approved action plan and leaf centre objectives to enable timely, effective and efficient decision making.
- Provide professional & technical coaching and assistance to the extension personnel and farmers to enable them grow high quality and quantity of tobacco at optimize returns.
- Continuously evaluate competitor activity and put in place counter measures to maintain competitive advantage.
- Disseminate as appropriate company policy on Growing Tobacco to farmers and the community for good corporate image
- Implement, coach and ensure compliance by all direct and indirect reports on all company guidelines and policies (EH&S, Afforestation, SOBC, procurement, Collective Bargaining Agreement, General standing instructions, Work ethics, fleet, IT & Accounting, among another related policies).
- Timely plan, forecast & communicate materials & supplies (M&S) requirement for the leaf centre.
- Identify, evaluate & manage business risks within the leaf growing region implementing short and long-term management measures while obtaining necessary approvals from LGM (K).
- Maintain on an on-going basis, good relations with all local stakeholders and community, local and national government departments and also business fraternity.
- Direct and co-ordinate leaf purchases, to ensure that leaf buying is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively manage loan issued to farmers to ensure crop quality and quantity objectives are met while minimising risk of loan defaulting
- Timely prepare obtain approval from LGM (K), implement and continuously monitor the leaf centre budget to ensure the achievement of cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Holder of Bachelors degree Agriculture, Horticulture or Food science and technology.
- 6 years’ experience in crop production field, Fast moving consumer goods, Agriculture value chain or Agriculture supply chain.
- Own a valid motorbike license
- Practical Knowledge of Crop production, grading and buying controls.
- Computer skills
- Self-drive and High Integrity