Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
CrossBoundary Energy is recruiting a full-time Asset Management Director to build and lead the asset management function within CBE. The pool of assets in CBE’s portfolio consists of renewable energy and hybrid power generation facilities supplying power to private off-takers across Africa. Technologies include solar PV, wind, batteries, and diesel generators. Working closely with the engineering, finance, and operation teams, the Asset Management Director will be responsible for operating and maintaining the assets to optimize system performance and maximize the return on investment over the life of the facilities. The role will also include the structuring, growing, and managing of a team in line with the growth of the portfolio.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary Energy team is a unique group of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging and exciting markets in Africa. The chosen candidate will play an important role in a unique team with the opportunity to make a large impact on the renewable energy landscape in Africa. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
- Self-starter who is passionate about clean energy and its potential to transform underserved markets in Africa
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you are effective in a fast-moving and complex environment that does not have a fixed rule book.
- A practical thinker known for choosing the simple, robust solution where more complicated approaches would deliver the same results
- Patient and skilled at training up contractors to consistently deliver excellent work
- Sound commercial judgement; independently assesses the most economical interventions
- Considers the long-term view when evaluating the costs and benefits of a potential solution
- A creative problem-solver not afraid to get their hands dirty to untangle a complex issue
- High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Curiosity: Eagerness to take on new types of work, even without prior experience/direct supervision
- 7+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience with operating or managing a portfolio of medium to large scale energy generation projects (thermal or solar PV) – consulting, developer, IPP, operator
- Understanding of the power system asset management environment including contracting structures, performance metrics, and guarantee structures, technical innovations, commercial and financial implications
- Understanding of key aspects that govern the configuration requirements of hybrid plants for different technologies [capex, opex, fuel efficiency curves, spinning reserve, PV oversupply, modularity, solar penetration, etc.]
- Responsible for leading and managing the overall technical and commercial performance of CBE’s operating portfolio of projects
- Manage and optimize the performance monitoring, reporting, and contract management systems at a portfolio level
- Ensure compliance of all statutory and contractual requirements for all projects in the operating portfolio
- Interface regularly and effectively with the operations and finance teams to continue improving on the systems and processes required to manage the operating portfolio
- Drive innovation with respect to hardware and software configuration (SCADA) to optimize plant performance and efficient management, invoicing, and reporting
- Provide commissioning support to the project delivery teams to facilitate effective handover from delivery to operation
- Continue to evaluate and assess the O&M contracting strategy to optimize cost and performance (i.e., Regional O&M portfolios, outsource vs insource)