Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls and meetings, and summarizing and following up on actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Coordinate and prepare internal-facing and external-facing communications and documents for the Vice President including: responding to emails, interfacing with external partners and internal staff, maintaining records of communication with stakeholders in organizational systems, drafting, reviewing and editing materials, and conducting basic online research and information synthesis
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel itineraries.
- Attend meetings, take notes, communicate and follow-up on actions.
- Manage credit card reconciliations for both Vice President and prepare expense reports for them post travel.
- Lead special projects such as coordinating the annual planning process, coordinating large events or webinars, and supporting strategy teams on actions and follow-up as requested.
- Conduct basic monthly budgetary analysis, using VillageReach financial systems and excel, of the Vice President’s budget and share monthly budget updates.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software including Salesforce, PowerBI, Concur, and budgeting software.
- Experience working with management-level staff in previous positions
- Fearless in embracing relevant technology including demonstrated ability to easily adopt new tools and processes
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication abilities
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.