Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
.Roles & Responsibilities
• Assist with audit planning for assignments being undertaken including review of preliminary data and risk scoping.
• Assist in monitoring adherence to LVCT Health procedures and policies in relation to Procurement, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in relevant manuals and guidelines.
• Prepare risk reports of key and emerging risks including the heat map and ensuring that risk registers are updated by working with risk champions.
• Carry out assigned audits within timelines and prepare the audit reports for review.
• Conduct periodic risk assessments of the organization and where required partners within a risk-based audit framework. The audit reports shall form part of institutional strengthening and performance improvement plans.
• Assist in Coordinating and supporting training and workshops to LVCT Health staff in collaboration with Line managers on ethics, compliance and risk management, in particular LVCT Health Code of Conduct.
• Facilitate annual cross-organizational level risk assessments, prepare risk mitigation plans with focal persons, and support close and efficient monitoring of progress in the implementation of the risk mitigation plans.
• Hold discussions on issues with management to obtain clarifications and ensure complete issue resolution including corrective actions.
• Attend meetings and participate in risk review meetings.
• Develop regular review of the LVCT Health risk register.
• Assist with investigative activities whenever called upon including investigations in cases of fraud, loss or malpractices.
• Review and Update compliance checklists on need basis when new laws or regulations come into operation.
• Prepare compliance reports on overall status of compliance.
• Perform follow up of corrective actions and update the tracker.
• Conduct spot checks on inventory, cash held and assets in all LVCT Health offices on compliance with policies and ethical standards at least once per year.
• Prepare accurate and detailed work papers for all audit work done showing all exceptions, issues and conclusions.
• Coordinate risk assessments, identification and analysis(treatment)
. • Following up to ensure statutory/donor and audit/review recommendations are implemented.
• Offer internal financial and systems audit support to the organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Minimum of Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a Business-related field from a recognized university and Professional qualifications in CPA part 2. CPA (K) is an added advantage
• At least 2 years’ experience in NGO set up preferably undertaking audit, grants compliance work or finance related work
• Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
• Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, honest, high integrity, highly responsible, and punctual.
• Flexibility, adaptability, cultural sensitivity, team player.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Good knowledge and understanding of major donors’ audit and compliance requirements and reporting guidelines
• Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and C.V along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter. The closing date is June 7, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.