1. POSITION TITLE: Workshop Technician I/II/III
2. REPORTS TO: Workshop Manager
3. BASIC FUNCTION
This position is a level above the workshop assistant and is responsible for providing professional services and fitting of products on customer vehicles, diagnosing any irregularities and giving recommendations that will enhance customer satisfaction.
4. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure the vehicle is parked into the correct bay.
- Ensure that the correct product has been received from the store as per the job card for fitting on to the customer’s vehicle.
- In case of products being fitted, remove the old product from the vehicle and replace and fit the new products.
- Provide any services as specified on the job card.
- Ensure that fitment and services are done using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Offer and carry out free check-up for products that we offer if the customer accepts.
- Cross sell other products and services.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping within the workshops by cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a safe working environment and assist with improving overall presentation of the workshop.
- Ensure safety of all operations both on our equipment and customer vehicles at all times.
- Wear protective and safety equipment provided at all times.
- Participate in regular health and safety meetings.
- Help identify workshop hazards and develop ways to control them.
- Ensure that all workshop jobs are done in the shortest time possible while maintaining safety at all times.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
5. KEY COMPETENCIES
- Understanding all workshop tools and equipment completely.
- Following instructions & procedures.
- Exceeding customer expectations.
- Coping with pressure.
6. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
The minimum requirements of this job are:
- KCSE / O-level certificate.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
- At least 1 year experience in the automobile industry.
- Good knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics and pneumatic machines.
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages.
About AutoXpress Ltd
AutoXpress is an East African, market leading importer, distributor and retailer of tyres, auto parts and accessories offering an extensive range of repair and maintenance services through a well-established network of 50+ outlets across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda.
Go to https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/3158 to apply.