Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
As a Chinese to English Translator, you will play a crucial role in helping us bridge language barriers and facilitate effective communication between our Chinese OEM engineers and local Kenyan management and assembly facility staff. You will be responsible for translating a wide range of documents, both business and technical content, while maintaining accuracy, fluency, and cultural sensitivity. During assembly line bring up, staff training and throughout the general assembly process you will help in simplifying communication and help in delivering the best electric buses in Kenya.
You might like this job if:
- You believe electric transportation is the future and want to make it a reality
- You’re ambitious, quick to learn new skills, and like to multitask
- You’re able to take a risk on something new, thrive in ambiguity, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- You have a multilingual professional background with Chinese, English and Swahili.
- Translate a variety of engineering content from Chinese to English while preserving the original meaning, tone, and context.
- Ensure translations are accurate, grammatically correct, and relevant to the manufacturing and assembly context.
- Act as a verbal translator during meetings with OEM engineers and local staff during training and development sessions at the assembly facility.
Editing and Proofreading:
- Review and edit engineering documents and develop translations with clarity, consistency, and accuracy.
- Conduct thorough proofreading to eliminate any linguistic or typographical errors.
- Collaborate with project managers and fellow translators to clarify translation queries and ensure project success
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality products.
- Familiarity with technological language and live translation services.
- Post secondary degree in Translation, Linguistics, or a related field.
- Proven work or education experience as a Chinese to English/Swahili translator.
- Proficiency in both Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) and English and Swahili.
- Strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and writing conventions in both languages.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.